Henk's journey thru life

Where are you and where are you going?
Hankaroundtheworld

Re: Henk's journey thru life

Post by Hankaroundtheworld » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 am

DutchGirl wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:40 am
Henk, how has life been? Have you noticed anything about the political issues in Hungary?

I guess you have been okay, since generally if you're not living very close to the uproar, you can notice very little about it in your day to day life...
Hi Dutchgirl, actually nothing, as I am still on this temp Project abroad, but I will be back soon, and figure out what is going on in Hungary (you probably mean the University topic). One thing I learned, Media always exaggerate, locally it probably does not mean a lot for daily life :-)

Hankaroundtheworld

Re: Henk's journey thru life

Post by Hankaroundtheworld » Wed May 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Back in Hungary, now finally free from "salary jobs". The temp project was an interesting experiment to retest my appetite for ER, and my conclusion, I am happy to settle for ER and explore other things in life than salary jobs. Even the last day, the Customer asked me to stay on and help to execute what I have sold, and I felt a bit sorry for my direct contact person when I said "no". He is a good guy and he made my life onsite bearable, but .... I felt that I did not move on by staying on in paid work. So....free again! Trying to build up this new life in Hungary.

For the moment, I am taking it easy, just working in the garden and also small renovation work at the home. I am also playing around with Blockchain investments (the new hype).

By the way, as promised, from what I gathered so far around costs of living in Hungary, you can easily live here on a budget of 1500 Euro per Month for 2 persons (assuming you have a house bought, which is anyway cheap). This includes having a car. If you assume a budget of 2500 euro per Month for a couple, you have a luxurious life over here in a green nice environment, which lots of space and friendly people.