System Boundaries and Inheritance

Simple living, extreme early retirement, being wealthy, ...
IlliniDave

Re: System Boundaries and Inheritance

Post by IlliniDave » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:18 am

Yikes, this one seems to have gone off the rails ...

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 am

@BRUTE: How provocative. I like it!

Two notes. The first would be that my ridiculously simplified weak-Jungian model includes 4 quadrants defined by Juvenile/Adult, Masculine/Feminine, and some of the exercises you listed would appear to me to be more in alignment with adult masculine rather than juvenile masculine energy since Power would be associated with the Adult Masculine Quadrant whereas Energy/Spark/Initiative would be more associated with the Juvenile Masculine Quadrant.

Second note (which will likely thrust me once more into the realm of TMI, but today I do not care because my face is half melted, and I am therefore just in old crone scratching out her memoirs mode.) My mother suffers from bi-polar disease. I suffer from cyclothymia with more manic than depressive cycling, and one of my most pronounced symptoms is hyper-sexuality. Therefore, although there is more than a bit of not-directly-comparable apples-to-oranges, it is the case that my sex drive is higher than that of many or most men, so I do (or did-sigh) possess a lot of juvenile-masculine energy for a female. Or to put the matter in even more blunt terms, it has been my lifelong experience that it is more likely that I will be the partner who will wake up with a "raging hard-on." even though my sexuality, like that of most other females, is not as visually-linked, rigidly channeled, or as likely to cause me to behave in an assertive manner as that of my male peers. IOW, spark and powder a plenty, but no sight, barrel or bullet.

So:

1) check
2) too easy for me. never have to breath hard to accomplish. out of condition now, but previously trained to release on command.
3) definitely not my preference, but have done while camping etc.
4) ?
5) never, but I have almost fallen asleep while riding on such a vehicle, resting against some wide leather-coated back.
6) have attempted, start having vivid dreams about cookies around Day 21
7) ?
8) have considered buying device that would make this possible because it would come in handy hiking/camping. visual cortex not strongly directly linked to sexuality and passive photographs will not often serve as triggering mechanism. watching video of guy with decent guns playing guitar might be closest approximation since it would at least show active musculature and add the aural component. I used to do this sometimes, but male musicians are now like some terrible party drink I have vomited up too often.
9) extremely unlikely, vast room for improvement. I do occasionally get the urge to attempt to do something like literally (as opposed to psychologically) flip a guy who might be around 6'3" and 220 lbs. of pretty solid muscle. What actually happens when I make such an attempt is something like the sound of a tree falling in a forest where nobody can hear it.
10) Never even vaguely considered. I am not even super-catty competitive with other females due to learning early on to co-operate or divide and conquer with sisters. IOW, I sometimes do that instant ranking of my attractiveness vs. other females in the room thing, but then I immediately imagine that we are all competing in different categories/ranks. I generally signal friendly/submissive except when I am paid to teach young hooligans. This one might be amusing/enlightening to attempt, but just the thought of living like that forever exhausts me. Zero-percent interest in taking on that role/responsibility.

George the original one

Post by George the original one » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 am

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 am
I suffer from cyclothymia with more manic than depressive cycling, and one of my most pronounced symptoms is hyper-sexuality.
I've known a couple women like that <relishes memories>.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 pm

@GTOO: Yeah, it used to be fun to be me too.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:42 am

George the original one wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 am
7Wannabe5 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 am
I suffer from cyclothymia with more manic than depressive cycling, and one of my most pronounced symptoms is hyper-sexuality.
I've known a couple women like that <relishes memories>.
I haven't, dammit.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm

My children gave me money today. Granted, this was to pay me back for paying the joint phone bill for a number of years, but...I tried to wave it away, and they insisted, and my DS28 acted insulted and reminded me about his recent promotion. I am losing my frame of reference. No more "babies", and more than one affluent old man who wants to bundle me up and take me to dinner. Like I'm walking up the stairs, but the world is on the escalator.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:09 pm

and this is bad because..

Dragline

Post by Dragline » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm
My children gave me money today. Granted, this was to pay me back for paying the joint phone bill for a number of years, but...I tried to wave it away, and they insisted, and my DS28 acted insulted and reminded me about his recent promotion. I am losing my frame of reference. No more "babies", and more than one affluent old man who wants to bundle me up and take me to dinner. Like I'm walking up the stairs, but the world is on the escalator.
Well, I guess they love you. Learn to accept it in whatever form it takes. Perhaps they have jolted you back out of your transactional mindset that you seem to apply to those closest to you.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 am

Dragline said: Perhaps they have jolted you back out of your transactional mindset that you seem to apply to those closest to you.
No, it's not that. I am still interested in economics, and I know I am lovable in spite of my fascination with the dismal ;) I think it is because I took on some level of maternal care for my youngest sister at an early age, because after she was born my mother went completely out-to-lunch, so not having any level of practical responsibility for anybody younger than me is something I have never experienced. IOW, it's not some cold to warm transform (which you never would have suggested if you had ever met me IRL), more like a big to little transform. I have almost always framed my projects with my 3 younger sisters or my 2 children in my considerations or on my team, with my father as my primary backer until he died in 2001. My ex-husband, never anybody's concept of a rock, went completely AWOL(quit his job, had a nervous breakdown for which he was hospitalized, and disappeared for a number of months) after we separated in 2007, so then it was all on me.

My son also asked about whether I had made arrangements with my sisters to rent some lakeside cottages my father always rented in the summer, implying that he would be willing and able to throw into the pot this year. One thing most men always want from women, whether it is their mother, their wife, their sisters or their daughters, is for them to recreate enjoyable scenes from their childhood (while they watch football.) Maybe I am not going to be able to do a good job of explaining, but part of the reason why it might seem like I engage in cold analysis in relationship to the men I date is because they are not my family, and they will never be my family, because I will never have any children with them. They are satellite characters, for entertainment or secondary contributory purposes only. I am lacking the gene that would allow me to fully engage in sterile pair-bond, although I do sometimes fall infatuated or think of my boyfriends as being like poor old gray-muzzled dogs with puppy-dog eyes. IOW, I am quite sentimental, and I am quite sexual, but I am not very romantic, even though it is my observation that I almost always have a husband, lover, or boyfriend.

Anyways, the part of this which is relevant to this thread and forum is that I have always had a purpose for my frugality that was not just future me, and it is difficult for me to think of myself like that.