Do People Change?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
classical_Liberal

Re: Do People Change?

Post by classical_Liberal »

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_

Post by J_ »

Can/have I changed?
Gives that a directer answer to the change-question?
Can I speak for myself or am I too close/biased about my personal development?

I try:
My main character traits did not change, I think, I have stayed a curious person, who likes to be on the steering wheel of his life, like to do practical things, likes commercial approaches to earn, and likes to learn continually.
I changed all things health concerning, by knowledge gathering, expieriencing it, and appliing it if it appeared to improve my fitness. That is for me an ongoing process.
In social matters I changed because I learned all going what is better for me and the people with which I live and have social contacts.
Etc..
So my experience is: my traits have not changed, but I have learned, and I have adapted, as far as my traits are pliable.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

So he decided money wasn't the most important thing for him, isn't that what most of us here are doing?
I suppose you could say that... However, most of us are putting things in place so that we don't have to rely on public assistance, etc. to get by. He's had a pretty crappy life, from my perspective on the outside looking in, and the few times I've seen him over the years he bemoans a lack of money. I stand by my assertion that he missed an opportunity make a change, perhaps even to make enough money to have a more comfortable "early retirement," if you can call his life now an early retirement.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Money is the most important thing when money is required. And like most people who have not had it at crucial times, it is undignified and leads to shame/humiliation. And I was completely to blame for not having money at these times.

Not it being the most important thing is conditional based upon circumstances. And it not being the most important thing does not mean it is not necessary.