The utility of airing out a room?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
TopHatFox

The utility of airing out a room?

Post by TopHatFox »

I recently discovered this neat trick, which seems to work really well:

Instead of making the bed (i.e. rolling the tucked comforter and top sheet over the mattress and bottom sheet) immediately after waking, simply pile the top sheet and comforter into a little side burrito on one side of the mattress and leave the bottom sheet and mattress exposed to the room air for a while. Apparently we sweat pints of water onto our sheets/comforters throughout the night. This airing out means a less smelly room. Yay.

Also, if the room is particularly bad-- say frying cooking smells, burnt food, staying in it for days during finals ( :lol: ) -- it's also useful to pop open the window and place a fan outward to suck in fresh outside air and expel saturated inside air. Problem with this of course is if it's 20 degrees F outside, the inside air gets cold quickly. This can be controlled somewhat by how much the window is opened, how big the fan is, whether there is cross-ventilation (a second window or door open), at what setting the fan is, and whether one has the option to re-heat the room right after.

-------------------

What are some of your tips on airing out a room? I caught on to the above from Jasom Odom mentioning his roof vent to air out his work-man's Vanabode.
Last edited by TopHatFox on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kriegsspiel

Re: The utility of airing out a room?

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I do the burrito too, making a bed seems silly. Opening a window to get rid of smells is just plain common sense.

BRUTE

Re: The utility of airing out a room?

Post by BRUTE »

millenials