Teenage pf bloggers

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Teenage pf bloggers

Post by jacob »

Being out of the loop here ...

Do they exists? Who are they? What do they say?

tommytebco

Re: Teenage pf bloggers

Post by tommytebco »

being even farther out of the loop, what does "pf" stand for???

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

pf = personal finance

My kids said 'blogging is for old people' lol. They said snapchat is in.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

I suppose we're quickly getting to the point where "reading is for old people" in the sense that the 2010-2020 era might be the last decade where the prevailing form of communication on the interwebs was coherent sentences structured together in paragraphs.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Oh, that is too pessimistic. One of my very young students, after inquiring if the color of crayon she was using for a self-portrait was the appropriate shade for the skin-tone of somebody who was half-black and half-white, told me that she was the proud possessor of 32 books about Arthur. The construction of paper airplanes is also preferred by the majority to time on the computers which has a more opiate effect on their behavior. It may even become the case that as children are herded into more and more computer guided learning and testing situations, they may eventually Luddite rebel.

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

Well here's a great starting point. ;)

It doesn't look like there is much more than Teens Got Sense. From that it just looks like parroting popular views.

vezkor

Post by vezkor »

cmonkey wrote:Well here's a great starting point. ;)

It doesn't look like there is much more than Teens Got Sense. From that it just looks like parroting popular views.
Okay that's funny. I'm going to get my dad good next time he asks an obvious "Google It" question. :P

daylen

Post by daylen »

Looks like jacob has exhausted pf resources to the point of looking for insight amongst the least experienced subset of the population. :lol:

( .. or he is curious about the general state of ignorance of said subset so that he can effectively spread the wisdom of ERE to the moldable youth using the wheaton scale)

There must be some relation between age/experience and one's ability to ascend/descend wheaton levels. When I first got into pf, I was 18 and had grown up in a mostly consumeristic family; within weeks I discovered ERE and fully embrassed the life style.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

@daylen - No, as per my second post in this thread, I was wondering whether the kids were moving to snapchat or whatever is popular these days.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

jacob wrote:I suppose we're quickly getting to the point where "reading is for old people" in the sense that the 2010-2020 era might be the last decade where the prevailing form of communication on the interwebs was coherent sentences structured together in paragraphs.
I am afraid this might be true.

I just started an Italian PF blog (basically a lost cause since my fellow compatriots rank close to sub Saharan Africa in terms of financial literacy but still https://www.spglobal.com/corporate-resp ... acy-survey ) and most of my 100 readers are below 30yo, so maybe there's hope.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

That concern has been around since ancient Greece.
We're just alienated from the way youth communicates in exactly the same way as every other generation was before us.

Those who are truly strange to us are not the ones we're really interested in snagging, we're looking for those who are on the edge, but don't know it yet.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I dunno, there are quite a few younger people here, and this guy grokked to it pretty young.

ether

Post by ether »

I met someone that swears by this internet society. It appears mostly to be focused on worshiping lavish wealth, but seems to be getting people interested in investing.
http://www.thetradingfraternity.com/

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

@retiredengineer33 on instagram

Not a teenager but his followers are much younger.

He came to my attention when he liked my pic with the hashtag #engineeringlife.

This pf space seems fragmented between photo sharing apps like pinterest, ig etc

It's very difficult to find specific information because images are unsearchable, hashtags generic, so you have to save a post as it's very difficult to dig for that info afterwards.

C40

Post by C40 »

fiby41 wrote:@retiredengineer33 on instagram
Man, that guy's website seems so scammy.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

C40 wrote:
I didn't know he had a website. His pics are related to engineering, pf and selfies.

Edit: You are right, retired changed to laid off.

C40

Post by C40 »

fiby41 wrote:
C40 wrote:
I didn't know he had a website. His pics are related to engineering, pf and selfies.
It's linked on his Instagram profile

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Yeah you are right. It seems useless.