underwear addiction

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Jean

underwear addiction

Post by Jean »

I reduced my needs a lot, but i still need to change my underpants every 40km. Human always walked, but haven't always worn clean underwear. If i don't, it starts to hurt. I feel like a degenerate panty-addict. Do you have any solution.
When the sun shines, i can just clean yesterday's underwear and let it dry on my backpack, but it doesnt work everyday.
Which god could liberate me from this.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: underwear addiction

Post by jacob »

How do you feel about socks and shoes? The problem seems analogous?

There's always wearing a kilt? ;)

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Shave your pubic area. Front and back.
Have your own bidet - your hand.
You can also use 1 day - 1 euro for underwear - 1 pair.

I still do not get what it is a problem. Underwear tends to be always a taboo issue, I mean it is allowed to have it a little bit messy. Who will check it anyway?

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

ExOfficio underwear. Super quick drying. Wear all day, wash and let dry overnight (and let your junk "air out") and wear again the next day. If you want to get really decadent, 2 pairs and swap days.
https://www.rei.com/b/exofficio/c/under ... 2660021061

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Yeah, synthetic and anti-microbial is what you are looking for. Or maybe the product known as "Anti-Monkey Butt Powder"

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

Jean wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm
I reduced my needs a lot, but i still need to change my underpants every 40km.
I actually have followed practice of changing at least every day. Never thought about every 40kms. How often does that result in your changing them?
Last edited by thrifty++ on Sat May 27, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jean

Post by Jean »

It's not about the smell. It's about hitching. Probably, there is some friction and micro wounds in the area, and all the salt from my sweating back accumulates here after it flew trough my ass and pick up what I wasn't able to clean after pooping (not much i assume, but still).
I would like to know what is wrong with my body so that I need clean underwear regularly. I would like to correct this, because I cannot produce underwear myself. It would be a lot of ressource to do so, so i would like to be comfortable without underwear.
Going with a kilt doen't work. My ball get salty and it burns.
My foot are good, I can go barefoot for long distances on a natural soil. In leather shoes with coton and wool sock, It gets a little smelly (but really a little) after one week. But it doesn't hurt.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

You know, the earliest known underwear was in Rome. Then underwear went out of favor and wasn't really worn again until the 1400's, and then mostly I think just by nobility. I don't think underwear was widely worn by women until the 1700's or so. I'm guessing that until people started wearing underwear and bathing regularly, people just chafed. And maybe developed tougher skin in their nether regions.

Personally I can get behind downsizing and living smaller, but there are certain things I don't want to live without for very long. Clean underwear daily, frequent showers, flush toilets are very important to me. While I COULD live like a medieval serf, I don't care to.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

This is not the kind of discussion I hoped to find when I saw the title of this thread :(
This said, what's the problem of changing underwear every day?
Even with my very decadent lifestyle, I go through approximately 10 pair of 100% cotton slips (shorts hitch, but this is another discussion, I hate shorts and I hate anything other than cotton) every three years or so and they cost an amount of money that is irrelevant even when purchasing name brands such as fruit of the loom or similar.

SnailMeister4000

Post by SnailMeister4000 »

I am also a proponent of shortening the hairs surrounding ones digestive tract's exit. It helps with keeping the bum bum and adjacent textiles clean and reduces the need for washing clothes.

WRT underwear, I can recommend these Swedish commando underpants: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/ ... rplus/7449

They seem to be sold out currently, though.