Better than a Restaurant

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
Ego

Better than a Restaurant

Post by Ego »

A place to share memorable meals awa that did not take place in a restaurant and were either free or inexpensive.

My first post will have a photo in it but photos are not necessary.
Last edited by Ego on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ego

Re: Better Than a Restaurant

Post by Ego »

I bought a picnic basket at the swap meet a few weeks ago and found a traditional picnic blanket as well. Since then we've had a once-a-week picnic lunch somewhere around town. Today we walked to the park.

The food was nothing special (leftovers) but the setting made it nice. We especially enjoyed seeing our town through the eyes of tourists.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Oh man ... so now I have to carrying my home cooking to some random place as well to qualify?!

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Hmm, I wonder where I placed the pics of our Sept beach cookout...

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Not exactly away from home ... on date night during the colder months, we move the living room furniture out of the way and drag the small dining table in front of the fireplace. I set a fancy table, play romantic background music, and we have a candlelit dinner in front of the fire. During the warmer months, we do the same but out on the deck.

Did

Re: Better than a Restaurant

Post by Did »

I can make better coffee and food than I can buy out in Ireland. The only draw is the atmosphere eg nice cafe setting. Especially since more often than not it is horrid out (not an outdoor place cf Oz where I could live outdoors). So this approach is a great thing.