Cling film alternative (DIY)

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
vexed87

Cling film alternative (DIY)

Post by vexed87 »

http://www.mommypotamus.com/diy-reusable-food-wrap/

This was a revelation. Knew I had to share as I was getting sick of disposing of single use cling film from packed lunch sandwiches etc.

jennypenny

Re: Cling film alternative (DIY)

Post by jennypenny »

I use tea towels or cloth napkins and use clothes pins to secure them to the bowl. The only time I use plastic wrap is when I'm freezing something.

I thought the DIY lunch bag was cute, but is that kind of thing necessary? I just wrap sandwiches in cloth napkins. Sometimes I wonder if my standards are too low. :?

Interesting site.

vexed87

Post by vexed87 »

I suppose you could use plain cloth, but in my experience things like sandwiches dry out by noon, a shame when I went to the effort of baking the bread myself ;)

I guess that is where the wax comes in. Keeping mositure in would be it's main benefit.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Wife has always popped sandwiches into tupperware for me. Just the right size, keeps sandwich from being crushed. And reuseable plastic containers take the wear & tear of at least a decade. So it's just the plastic thing that keeps it from being sustainable.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

George the original one wrote:Wife has always popped sandwiches into tupperware for me. Just the right size, keeps sandwich from being crushed. And reuseable plastic containers take the wear & tear of at least a decade. So it's just the plastic thing that keeps it from being sustainable.
That's what I like. And they don't get squashed in my pannier or backpack.