I Build It

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
cmonkey

I Build It

Post by cmonkey »

I have been following John Heisz for quite a while now. He has some fantastic projects and is extremely skilled/creative. I'm not sure why but I find him very motivating as well. Whenever I watch one of his remodeling videos it makes me want to just get up and start doing stuff.

He is also a talented video editor. His videos are very fun to watch.

I Build It channel
I Build It Home channel ; This is a fun channel to watch from the very beginning if you are into remodeling because he starts at the beginning of remodeling his house. He's still not done though.
Personal channel ; This has most of the really neat projects he has completed.

For example, here are a couple of videos making a wooden head for the wooden tripod he built for his cameras.

Here's another video where he makes a wooden pocket knife. Another knife made from a chunk of concrete and a broken shovel.

7Wannabe5

Re: I Build It

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Do you think that if a person was capable of teaching herself to be a very decent cook then she should also be capable of training herself to be a halfway decent builder? Or is there possibly some other needed and missing brain component?

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

Humility? Any cook can hide the bad and good results in their stomach. A bad builder has to look at it until they make it better.

JamesR

Post by JamesR »

7Wannabe5 wrote:Do you think that if a person was capable of teaching herself to be a very decent cook then she should also be capable of training herself to be a halfway decent builder? Or is there possibly some other needed and missing brain component?
Surely you know better than that? The notion that some people have "it"/talent/whatever and that others don't is deeply flawed. If someone is better than others at X thing it is merely because they have had more lifetime exposure/practice in that thing, or in related/transferable skills. In summary, there are unlikely to be any missing brain components..