BLM map overlay

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Toska2

BLM map overlay

Post by Toska2 »

I am currently winding through the west and distinctly remember a forum member creating a program doing this. Could anyone who also does link me to it? Thanks.

A update on my 6 months off for those interested.

I hiked 450 miles solo from Georgetown, Ont to Tobermory, Ont. It's officially called the Bruce Trail. Very nice. The trail was scenic, well marked and resupply towns spaced evenly. I spent two months helping my parents. Now it's going on week three to the west coast. Best stop on the way was the Jack Pine Jamboree. 30 bands & 4 nights of camping for $60.

sky

Re: BLM map overlay

Post by sky »

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

I don't even know what BLM is, but your hike sounds like an absolutely wonderful thing to do. Do you know the cost of your hike, all included?

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

Thanks sky!

Eureka, unfortunately I do not. Some stuff I had, some was given to me and some I am still using. I splurged some too :oops: Worst offenders? It called for 1" of freezing rain over 12 hours. I booked a room in the town of Orangeville for $160 USD. This was after 2" of rain the last 10 days and nights below 40°f. I trashed a pair of Keen Targhee ii boots as the sole was too soft. I wouldn't hesitate to say $1500-1800* over 42 days.

*That's gone gone. Not including the gear being used again. Pack, stove, tent, etc.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Bureau of Land Management.

They manage many, many acres of public owned land in the U.S. West. There is a lot of it in my area, though it's still fire season here (hard to believe, looking at the wet outside my window) so there is no pubic access through the private landowners in between public roads and the BLM land. It sucks because I love riding my mountain bike up on the logging roads.