First Copenhagen meetup

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Milton

Re: First Copenhagen meetup

Post by Milton »

Thanks Eureka - also for your nice words to my intro in the other thread (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7997)

I assume that further information will be sent out as to where we meet and more specific time. If anything is needed in the preparations let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Milton, thanks for offering to help out.

So far only the date and place have been set and 8-10 people have said they'd like to join. Thus the fundamentals for the meetup are in place which is the only necessary prerequisite for it to happen. My intention is to engage in more detailed planning once we reach the middle of the month as too much planning dragged out over a too long time period does not work for me.

As for starting time, my initial thought was to start around 13:00 and share some food and then talk and share ideas during the afternoon, but I am flexible and open for another starting time (and if everybody else is warrior dieting and only eat at night, then of course we will not have food at noon ...)

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

I just ran across this, and am I beginning to wonder if this isn't part of Denmark's plan for world domination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrO3TfJc9Qw (Evidently, the campaign has produced 1200 new Danes already.)

Have fun over there. ;-)

BadHorse

Post by BadHorse »

@Dragline
Fun as it looks, it's not exactly how I was imagining this meetup :shock:

classic

Post by classic »

I'd like to join if there's still room :-)

Eureka

First Copenhagen meetup Sunday 28 August 2016

Post by Eureka »

It seems we will be quite a crowd for a first time! I am really looking forward to this and very excited that it will actually happen.

Time: Sunday 28 August at 13:00 (until maybe 17:00?)
Place: My place (Amager, Copenhagen)
Intended crowd: Anyone who is applying one/more ERE principles to her/his life or is intending/considering to do so
Not intended for: Journalists and others who would like to observe us
Purpose 1: To meet other Danish (and Swedish) ERE, hear each others stories and considerations and figure out what we can use each other for.
Purpose 2: To have a good time in the company of like-minded souls.
Purpose 3: To exchange ideas on budgets, tax, frugality, housing, investments, living life without a job
Agenda: Some food and lots of talking
What to bring: Yourself, your budgets, your thoughts and considerations, openness to meet new people and, if you feel like, some frugal food for pot luck lunch (but coming with no food is completely fine, then you can do the dishes)

PM me for address and if you haven't written anything about yourself in the forum (which is completely ok), tell a little about where you are in relation to applying ERE principles to your life. Both because I am absolutely curious about who you are + if you are an undercover journalist, please be honest about it.

Here is the preliminary list of participants:
1Vikinggirl
FBeyer
rmb
BadHorse
wizards
kongloui
Milton
classic
Eureka

Partial sign up:
cbroenning
knap82

knap82

Post by knap82 »

Hi, all

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to join for the CPH Meetup - I hope that we'll have a second one soon.

I am very interested in meeting inspiring people with a focus on frugal living and intelligent investment.

My hope is to get a network where we can learn from each other in especially taxes and investments where I have most of my questions and considerations at the moment.

Well, I hope you'll have a blast - and count me in for future meet ups.

Have a great weekend
Knap

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

And a friendly tip from Jacob to me to you.
Bring a list of the things you'd like to ask others. People tend to forget in the hubbub of a meetup.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

What a shame, Knap, but you already warned us. Me too, am sure we will have a blast next Sunday - and that there will be another chance for you.

And yes, everybody, remember that questions should also be on the 'what to bring list'.

PS: When you PM me for details, you are welcome to write in Danish - or Swedish, or Norwegian, or German, or Dutch, or English, or Japanese ...

wizards

Post by wizards »

I will take the car to the meeting (public transportation is to expensive for me...) so if you are based south of our meeting place and would like a free ride, feel free to send a PM.

1Vikinggirl

Post by 1Vikinggirl »

Dear Danes,
I can not be in Copenhagen this weekend. Really sad, I wish it was not so!
Enjoy the meet-up and please post an update!

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

What a shame, 1Vikinggirl. I had been looking forward to meeting you.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

By now, I have received confirmation from 7 people plus myself, so there definitely seems to be a need for ERE networking in Copenhagen! I am so much looking forward to this.

I am one of those people who basically only drink water and tea so if you'd like anything else to drink, you better bring.

If you bring food, don't buy/bring food for more than max 30 kr. Just one little thing is fine. It is supposed to be a frugal meetup! And remember not bringing anything is absolutely ok. I am vegetarian (close to vegan), but I am sure not everyone is like this, so don't let this restrict your creativity.

I will cook rice and make some kind of carrot coconut soup (organic carrots are 5 kr/kg at Netto at the moment!) + probably some cake from apples from my garden.

However, the food is so secondary; our talks and change of ideas and discussions are what I am really looking forward to.

BadHorse

Post by BadHorse »

Tomorrow is the big day! It will be so exciting to meet everyone :)

If anyone has the ERE book and won't mind bringing it along, it'd be great.
Looking forward to an inspirational afternoon Tomorrow :D

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

Just before you get too excited: I just had what most would consider a rather large helping of dal, containing what most would consider a socially unacceptable amount of onions, so you'd better hope the windows in the little cabin open wide 'cause DMI promised plenty of rain, and I promise to bring plenty of wind ;)

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Don't worry, FBeyer. I have a tool shed so if it gets too bad, we will place you there and communicate to you via Skype.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Thanks to everyone who came yesterday! It was great meeting you and hearing your stories, thoughts and ideas. I got a lot of new inspiration and enjoyed myself at the same time and am happy to now have a little ERE network of wonderful people in town. Also, thanks for all the snacks and food you brought and for helping out.

Wow, to our luck with the weather! I had not expected that we would be able to sit outdoors from 13:00-17:00, but lucky us the rain gods left us alone. I hope you all made it home before the downpour started for real.

And the good news for those who couldn't make it yesterday is that we were all so excited that we agreed that we'd like to meet again for another CPH Meetup soon.

I am already looking forward!

1Vikinggirl

Post by 1Vikinggirl »

I am so happy to hear the meetup went well. I most certainly want to join you next time!

mkalle

Post by mkalle »

Too bad I missed this.
Maybe next time :)

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

mkalle wrote:Too bad I missed this.
Maybe next time :)
Next time is next week: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8100 :D