Post your MB Personality Type

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Ego

Re: Post your MB Personality Type

Post by Ego » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:04 pm

I wonder how much of the E......I spectrum is influence/determined by the immune system. Recent research findings similar to the, "Your cat is making you crazy" findings.

http://www.sciencealert.com/freaky-new- ... -behaviour
"The relationship between people and pathogens, the researchers suggest, could have directly affected the development of our social behaviour, allowing us to engage in the social interactions necessary for the survival of the species while developing ways for our immune systems to protect us from the diseases that accompany those interactions."

From an evolutionary point of view, this makes sense, because social behaviour would be in the interest of pathogens to help allow them to spread. And for us, the social behaviour leads to reproduction and the propagation of the species, so it's a win/win.

To investigate whether this could be the case, in the latest study, the researchers switched off the immune molecule interferon gamma in mice, flies, zebrafish, and rats. Because this molecule runs and tells the rest of the immune system when germs are about, they were testing what would happen when that interaction was shut down.

In all species, they showed that interferon gamma was essential to normal social interaction.

They found that blocking the molecule in mice caused the animals' brains to become overly connected, making the mice less willing to interact with others.

daylen

Post by daylen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:22 am

I have had a roller coaster ride with this system. When I first took the test I received INTP, but then I read into it and thought INTJ fit better (because I liked it better :D ). After a while I started to look more into it and deduced from the functions that I am an eNTP (weak extrovert). Before, I rejected all the extroverted personallities, since I consider myself more introverted. Though, I guess ENTP's are the most introverted extrovert type.

Olaz

Post by Olaz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Did I mention INFJs are <1.5% of the human population? We're cool; just sayin' :P

M

Post by M » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Personality type: “The Advocate” (INFJ-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 60%, Intuitive – 81%, Feeling – 65%, Judging – 61%, Turbulent – 60%.
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement

"The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population..."

Well this explains some things.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32 pm

INTP
This really suprised me as I had previously tested as ENFP.

1Vikinggirl

Post by 1Vikinggirl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:50 am

Tested ESTJ in 2007.
This year 2016, I tested ESTJ again, although just slightly more extroverted than introverted. (But that means that I can balance the two, doesn't it?)

ShriekingFeralHatred

Post by ShriekingFeralHatred » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:06 am

blah