NYC Meetup - March 21st

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
minimalist11

NYC Meetup - March 21st

Post by minimalist11 »

Hey all. Really love this site and forum, but I don't know much of anyone in real life to talk about these topics with! I'd like to change that, so was thinking I would organize a meetup.

I think a good spot to meet up would be Brookfield Place, which is near the World Trade Center. It's a big open food court like setting with lots of seating and food/drinks, so you're free to indulge but those who'd rather not spend money aren't pressured to buy anything by wait staff etc. I think a good time would be 6:30pm; gives us some time to get free from work and hang out for a couple hours, make new friends.

Anyone interested?

For more about me, see my intro post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6025

m741

Re: NYC Meetup - March 12th

Post by m741 »

I'd be interested. Not sure about the weekend just yet - usually we organize a poll to see when people are available. Brookfield would work, or I think Gordy mentioned something about her apartment.

BeyondtheWrap

Post by BeyondtheWrap »

March 12 is a Thursday. I have a class on Thursday evenings, so, if it is that day, I would have to be an hour late to the meetup. I'd prefer a weekend, though.

akratic

Post by akratic »

I can't make March 12, but I can probably make March 21/22. I don't live in NYC, but I'm going to be flying out of there on my way to the AT.
Last edited by akratic on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minimalist11

Post by minimalist11 »

Okay, I'm open to different dates and times. I figured there'd be more commitment if I set a firm date rather than leaving it open-ended, but I am definitely willing to adjust or use a poll.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Here's a poll: http://doodle.com/i25dbmtbsv64t5am

I only have weekends as available days, since I think those would have the biggest turnout.

The poll will close next week, Feb 26.
Last edited by Chris on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradley

Post by bradley »

I entered my availability on the poll. I'm pretty much free all weekends in March. Looking forward to this!

Pronoid

Post by Pronoid »

Dang, I'm sad I won't be able to attend. Maybe again someday in the future.

Chris

Post by Chris »

The winner of the poll is March 21. All respondents said they could make that day.

Could a mod please update the topic of this thread?

bradley

Post by bradley »

minimalist11 wrote:Hey all. Really love this site and forum, but I don't know much of anyone in real life to talk about these topics with! I'd like to change that, so was thinking I would organize a meetup.
Can you make the March 21st date?

minimalist11

Post by minimalist11 »

bradley wrote:
minimalist11 wrote:Hey all. Really love this site and forum, but I don't know much of anyone in real life to talk about these topics with! I'd like to change that, so was thinking I would organize a meetup.
Can you make the March 21st date?
Oy. No, I don't think I can make it. Well, my birthday is that weekend. I suppose I should have mentioned that. My sister is visiting from California for the first time and I've got a bunch of plans already. If there's any willingness to do a different weekend it would be much appreciated. But, if not I understand and I may just try to organize another meetup for a different day, because I really need to meet some of you! :)

akratic

Post by akratic »

I'm sorry to hear March 21 doesn't work for you, minimalist11.

I'm hoping we can still do that date though since it works for everyone else. Does anyone have a suggestion for when and where on March 21?

minimalist11

Post by minimalist11 »

Okay, so I still don't know for sure about the 21st, but I'm thinking I may be able to do the morning. The earlier the better, but would anyone be willing to do 11:00am at least? Hopefully we don't have a bunch of night owls here, because I think a time like that would be most possible for me.

BeyondtheWrap

Post by BeyondtheWrap »

minimalist11 wrote:Okay, so I still don't know for sure about the 21st, but I'm thinking I may be able to do the morning. The earlier the better, but would anyone be willing to do 11:00am at least? Hopefully we don't have a bunch of night owls here, because I think a time like that would be most possible for me.
I can do 11:00 am, but I'm not sure if it would be viable for those in the group coming from out of town.

akratic

Re: NYC Meetup - March 21st

Post by akratic »

I think I'm the only out of town person, and I can tolerate an 11:00am group start time.

If I leave Massachusetts at 7:30am then Google Maps has me arriving to Brookfield Place at 11:51am (including Saturday morning traffic combined with my plan to park just off the highway in Brooklyn and then ride the subway to Brookfield).

I imagine this meetup would last for a couple of hours anyway, so you guys could start at 11am and allow me to be fashionably late. My social battery doesn't last too long in group settings anyway.

m741

Post by m741 »

I can do 11 or 12 until 3 or 4.

bradley

Post by bradley »

11 or anytime after that works for me too.

BeyondtheWrap

Post by BeyondtheWrap »

So, in case anyone hasn't been watching the thread, here's the meetup info.

The meetup will take place this Saturday, March 21 at 11:00 am at Brookfield Place.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I'll probably be showing up around 12:30.

e3434

Post by e3434 »

I wasn't expecting to be free tomorrow, but it turns out that I am. I'll be coming from New Haven, and will plan to be at the meetup by 11:30.