Companion for Berkshire shareholder meeting?

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
JL13

Companion for Berkshire shareholder meeting?

Post by JL13 »

BRK is celebrating it's 50th anniversary (since Buffett took over). I'm interested in going but my price point is pretty low. Ideally I'd like to carpool and AIRBNB, but airfare is an option. Anyone interested in splitting some costs with me?

Chris

Re: Companion for Berkshire shareholder meeting?

Post by Chris »

You should post your origination city and gender preferences for splitting accommodation.

I've been to the BRK meeting twice; it's a good time. Flying to MCI and driving up to OMA turned out to be cheaper. Couchsurfed both nights.

plantingourpennies

Post by plantingourpennies »

DW and I already got a room (AirBNB), but would love to meet up with anybody from the ERE community while we're there. We flew into OMA, but I think we used some frequent flyer points so am not sure about the cost.

J_L13, you may want to post on the MMM or Boglehead forum as well?

JL13

Post by JL13 »

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try those two forums. I'd be driving from TN and hoping to split the gasoline and hotel/airbnb cost. Probably $250 each for the weekend.

JL13

Post by JL13 »

Well I got this trip sorted at the last minute. Flying in to Kansas City with airlines miles, renting a car and staying with Couchsurfer there in exchange for a pass. Total cost should be about $50.

If anyone needs a ride from MCI to OMA at 10:00 am Friday or back to MCI (be at airport by 3:00pm) Sunday, we have 1 extra seat in our econobox.

This should be fun.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

How was the meeting?