Baltimore/Central MD/DC/VA ERErs -- PM Me, Let's Meet Up

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Spartan_Warrior

Baltimore/Central MD/DC/VA ERErs -- PM Me, Let's Meet Up

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

Let me open this by stating that I'm bad at organizing these events. If there is anyone in the area who is good at organizing events, I welcome you to take over!

Be that as it may, I feel it's a good time to try to meet some of the fine folks of ERE in person, and I know there's a sizable number of us in the DC/VA/MD area.

As my inherent reward for my trouble as event organizer, I am suggesting a venue that's convenient and fun for me--Soldier's Delight nature reservation. There are miles of hiking trails and some picnic table areas for a pot luck lunch. It's a little ways west of Baltimore, and (of course) it's free.

I suggest Saturday, March 22, around noon. Weather permitting.

Anyone interested? Or any other ideas/suggestions? Like I said, I'm not really partial to this venue and am open to alternatives within a thirty mile radius or so, particularly if that would make it more feasible for interested attendees.

EDIT: Never got any traction on this. I assume there's not enough local interest. Turning this into an open invitation instead. Any local ERErs, just PM me and we can set something up.
Last edited by Spartan_Warrior on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jezter6

Re: Baltimore/Central MD/DC/VA -- March 2014 Meet Up

Post by jezter6 »

Would love to, but moving this month.

Keep traction on this, and maybe once Spring has settled down a bit I'll be able to make something like this.

dalralmi

Post by dalralmi »

I'm four hours out of the DC area, but can find excuses to head up there one weekend, with enough notice. I'm with Jezter though. I probably would rather wait til late spring. (Huge fan of Inner Harbor!!!)

Also a lot of free places to wander around in DC and free park areas. Even the Inner Harbor is a stretch for me.. hitting DC is more feasable.

I'd love to do this meetup though.

CactusSurfer

Post by CactusSurfer »

I'd definitely be up for meeting some of the other DMV area ERE people. The next 2-3 weeks are going to be absolutely insane for me at work, after that should be fine.

Spartan_Warrior

Oops, I totally forgot about this. Like I said, organizing stuff like this is not my strong point. Luckily no one was interested in a March gathering anyway. :lol:

Any takers for April instead? Let's say, April 12? (A little closer so hopefully I can't forget I even suggested it.) I'm up for DC, but I don't know the area well, so someone else would have to make a suggestion.

pdnecro8617

Post by pdnecro8617 »

Im in Baltimore as well.......Id be very interested in meeting up potentially. I know its hard to organize stuff like this.

Spartan_Warrior

Re: Baltimore/Central MD/DC/VA -- April 2014 Meet Up

Greetings, fellow government drone/Lovecraft fan/Baltimoron! It is hard to organize this stuff... either there aren't many other Marylanders into ERE (no surprise, careerist/consumerist central here) or I'm even more of a social pariah than I thought. :lol:

Regardless, I'll try again! Any takers for Saturday April 26, around 3:00 or so, Soldier's Delight Park?

Spartan_Warrior

Re: Baltimore/Central MD/DC/VA -- April 2014 Meet Up

All right, three strikes, I'm out. Instead I'll turn this to an open invitation: anyone who lives in or will be in the Baltimore MD area and wants to meet up for low-cost activities (e.g. fishing, hiking) or even stereotypical consumerist rituals (e.g. drinks), PM me.

pdnecro8617

Re: Baltimore/Central MD/DC/VA ERErs -- PM Me, Let's Meet Up

Post by pdnecro8617 »

Hey Spartan,

Sorry I did not respond, I need to get better at checking up on the forums, ha ha. I think you said youre in Eldersberg.....Im downtown Baltimore. I can't use the PM feature yet apparently, I guess I need to make more posts. Lets try to meetup sometime this summer for a beer or a coffee somewhere.

jezter6

Post by jezter6 »

It's so un-ERE, but I think I'd be much more inclined if it were at Max's on Broadway.

Spartan_Warrior

I could do a Fells Point thing on a Tuesday or Thursday after work when I'm halfway there already. Maybe on a Saturday too if the GF and I made an event out of it. Let me know what dates/times work for you guys.

pdnecro8617

Post by pdnecro8617 »

Spartan_Warrior wrote:I could do a Fells Point thing on a Tuesday or Thursday after work when I'm halfway there already. Maybe on a Saturday too if the GF and I made an event out of it. Let me know what dates/times work for you guys.
I am really flexible (gubermint job baby! lol) so any day with a bit of notice would work for the most part unless I have made other social plans (rare).

jezter6

Post by jezter6 »

I'm a good 45 minutes north of the city, so a weeknight, particularly one when I can't leave here until at least 5pm probably won't be the greatest.

I could do a Saturday here or there with some notice.

pdnecro8617

Post by pdnecro8617 »

jezter6 wrote:I'm a good 45 minutes north of the city, so a weeknight, particularly one when I can't leave here until at least 5pm probably won't be the greatest.

I could do a Saturday here or there with some notice.

I could do Fells May 24 or June 7th. Any takers?

nacho

Post by nacho »

Hi, just posting to connect with folks in the area...if anyone would want to meet up in DC or downtown Baltimore.

Spartan_Warrior

I'm up for it, but I'm too lazy to take the initiative of setting anything up. We are available on most weekends. I like the idea of DC because there's a lot of free stuff; I think the National Zoo is free?

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Yeah, I'm lazy about it too. Last time a few of us met in DC it was at the Portrait Gallery courtyard. Also free and on metro line, but enclosed in case the weather is bad.

cheese

Post by cheese »

I'd also be interested in potentially meeting up at some point. I actually live within walking distance of Soldier's Delight, I'm sorry I missed your post Spartan_Warrior! I'm unavailable this month due to work and the holidays but perhaps sometime next year? Maybe we'll eventually reach critical mass...

Spartan_Warrior

Yeah, I'm down for something whenever a date or venue gets put forward. I actually missed pdnecro's earlier attempt to do so, too. Sorry about that.