Lot(s) of hunting, fishing, and gun magazines

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Lot(s) of hunting, fishing, and gun magazines

Post by jacob »

I'll cut off the address labels and put them in a box and media mail them to you. There are about 20-25 of them. Combined weight of around 5 pounds.

$8 including shipping --- I take paypal.

Free if you can pick them up.

Random assortment of Field&Stream, Outdoor Life, American Rifleman, American Hunter, New York Game & Fish, North American Hunter, North American Fisherman, In-Fisherman.

JohnnyH

Re: Lot(s) of hunting, fishing, and gun magazines

Post by JohnnyH »

Were these to research the viability of hunting/fishing in your area?... Hope you found it feasible.

Was the info within better than what you [easily] found on the internet?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

No, they were a random collection from various family members. I wanted to see if I could connect with some of the stories and features, which I could.

Like with all other kind of magazines, the features go by the season and splits between the newest gadgets, some expert's favorite tricks, and stories (expeditions), e.g. spring turkeys, fall deer, ... Some of the magazines are area-specific but a lot of them are of the "after 30 years, I finally would the lottery and got drawn for a tag for antelope hunting in Nevada, so we went and shot one"-variety.

Yeah, they're usually always better than what's easily found on the internet.---Because not that much is found on the internet. I'm still going through the stack I received. I have about 60 to go.

I'd say when it comes to magazines, once you've read a couple of years' worth, you're not gonna learn much more. It repeats from there.

henrik

Post by henrik »

jacob wrote:I'd say when it comes to magazines, once you've read a couple of years' worth, you're not gonna learn much more. It repeats from there.
OT: I wonder if that's true for PF blogs/forums as well? :)