Toronto ERE Meetup -- March 30 2013 @2pm

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Hi everyone,
I'll be in Toronto from March 26 to March 31. Would anyone be interested in an ERE meet-up?
I'll be in downtown and Don Mills for part of trip. I was thinking that we do something on Friday, March 29 or Saturday, March 30 and we can meet somewhere along the subway line.
Let me know what you think!

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Quick, pick a specific date&time or people will spend the rest of the thread negotiating spacetime!

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Thanks Jacob!
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 2 pm. I will figure out the location if there is enough interest.

palmera

Post by palmera »

we already met, but i'll meet you again for sure. sat afternoon works best for me :) *hugs*

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Of course! I can't wait to catch up. We only had 5 minutes to chat on my last trip. :)
I'll wait a few more days to see if there is any more interest. After that, we can choose a place to meet-up!

iProgramStuff

Post by iProgramStuff »

Interesting! I live in Hamilton and work in Burlington. A meetup so close definitely has my interest. What goes down during these meetups?

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Hey iProgramStuff,
The meet-ups are just an opportunity to meet other people on the forum. We chat about a whole range of topics. They are pretty low-key events. I've been to meet-ups in San Francisco and New York.

My_Brain_Gets_Itchy

Post by My_Brain_Gets_Itchy »

@pooablo:
Count me as in. (I will be there with a fair amount of certainty but if anything happens I will let you know).
May I suggest :
Brookfield Place (lower level)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookfield_Place
There is a spacious food court there (on the lower level), a Starbucks, next to the hockey hall of fame. It's dead there on the weekends, and its also connected by the PATH to Union station. It would be quite convenient for anyone coming from out of the city by Go Train so hopefully that would bring out the city periphery people that lurk on this board.
(On upper level Brookfield place there is also the Marche.)

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

That's a great location. I have been there before. Let's meet in front of the Starbucks at 2pm. I will bring Jacob's book and a piece of paper with ERE written on it.
PM if you would like my cell phone number.

palmera

Post by palmera »

cool! I'm there!

slsdly

Post by slsdly »

I'm tentative but interested...tend to be pretty reserved with new people ;).

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Hi Everyone,
I would like to confirm that the meet-up is still good to go. I hope to see a few people come out.
See you soon!

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

If anyone else is coming, we are sitting in front of the Starbucks at Brookfield Place. There is a sign on the table.

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Thanks to everyone who showed up. I had a really great time chatting with you all. It's always nice to meet with like-minded people. :)

slsdly

Post by slsdly »

Same here, it was fun!

iProgramStuff

Post by iProgramStuff »

Tell me all about it! Sadly, I couldn't make it :(
Any ERE pics from the day? Did you all refine your ERE plans? haha ;)

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Nah. We didn't take any photos but I'll be sure to set-up another meet-up when I am in Toronto again.

caro

Post by caro »

De-lurking :) Thanks for organizing, pooablo! It was fun and good to meet you guys.