DC ERE Meetup March 9th 2013

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Dragline

Post by Dragline »

It was very nice to meet some of you guys and chat. What was funny was some of the common people that we knew. Not even six degrees of separation there.
That book that I mentioned, but couldn't remember (the one that led me here) was "An Unconventional Guide to Investing in Troubled Times" by Charles Hugh Smith. Hey, at least I remembered that his name was Smith. He writes a blog called "Of Two Minds" that I read sometimes.

Detente

Post by Detente »

@ Dragline, great to meet you as well. Looks like you've been pretty active here, and I think I'd be able to benefit a lot from what you've had to say.
@ Cpthammer, great to meet you and your spouse as well. Best of luck on your journey.
@ DC Waffler and derekh, my sincere apologies if you showed up and couldn't find us. It was more crowded than I expected, and I didn't really specify where in the atrium I'd be ahead of time. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up again and hearing about others' plans and progress. If so, we can definitely nail down a specific location.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Here is that site about the value of various college degrees that we talked about: http://www.payscale.com/college-education-value

Cpthammer

Post by Cpthammer »

Dragline and Detente, nice to meet you both today. I'll look into that book, thanks, Dragline. Thanks to Detente for putting the meetup together. Of course I'd also be interested in meeting up again sometime, I'm always interested to hear peoples' stories!

DC Waffler

Post by DC Waffler »

My previous post didn't go through so let me try again. I'm sorry I missed you guys. I looked around for you at the museum, but the atrium was pretty crowded with all the civil war activities. It was an absolutely gorgeous day to be out and about, so no harm done.

DC Waffler

Post by DC Waffler »

duplicate deleted

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

I almost missed the group for that reason as well. I didn't know that place was so popular.
But I'm sure we'll do it again in the coming months. In the meantime, if you ever in downtown DC (like around Metro Center) feel free to p.m. me and maybe we can have coffee (or I'll bring you a free one from the office.)

dalralmi

Post by dalralmi »

I'm about 4 hours away from DC (Eastern Virginia) but if planned a few weeks in advance I have many friends in DC I can couch crash with to visit. I'd love to meet some like minded people all at different points in ERE! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

DC Waffler

Post by DC Waffler »

Dragline - Sure thing! I live/work out the suburbs, but love having an excuse to get into DC.