Article mentioning ERE by Ben Carlson

Move along, nothing to see here!
Seppia

Article mentioning ERE by Ben Carlson

Post by Seppia »

I follow Ben Carlson on twitter, as I do with most of the Ritholtz / Josh Brown team.
I appreciate these dudes a lot, I love their style and attitude.

By the way, Ben wrote an article about ERE today.

http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2017/07 ... -movement/

I like the fact that ERE gets a bit of mainstream exposure. I'm sort of proud for unexplicabke reasons that I may have played a part in this.
The reason why I believe this is that in his article Ben refers to ERE even if he cites MMM

This happened a couple months ago

Last edited by Seppia on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Article mentioning ERE by Ben Carlson

Post by jacob »

Hehe! Welcome to Team Ritzholtz. I figured big picture traders would get it easily. The easiest audience for ERE are permaculturists and traders. They get it!

Standard "I love my job forever" objection, but once that gets old, having the foresight to accumulate FI/FU money to make working optional is nice, in retrospect. After all, ERE's got cookies :mrgreen:

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

Nice job sowing the seeds, Seppia. ;)

I've always found that the guys in the Ritholtz circle seem to have their heads on straight. Josh Brown and Ben Carlson both seem like cool dudes and give good advice. It's nice to see them also giving ERE some love, as they definitely have a lot of influence.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Eh eh
I've been on team Barry for a while, I love his podcasts (now that he uses the word "fascinating" less than 2387 times per hour, even better :) ) and it snowballed from there.
Seems to me that many times in terms of attitude,

(Ritholtz team)^3 = ERE

They advocate saving, planning, reading... I just see many points in common, only at a somewhat more traditional / maybe more socially understandable level of intensity.