Move along, nothing to see here!
Did

Post by Did »

Saw this sad quote on Linkedin:

Not having family or many friends (yet!) in San Francisco meant that so far I've been doing at least 12-hour / day, 6 days a week. Yeah, 75+ hours per week. Sure that is a lot of hours - BUT - I couldn't help but notice several people who come to the office before me, and finish later than me. So what's my point? There is clearly a reason why in San Francisco everything moves a lot, lot faster than back in Australia. And it's not just the amount of money or capital available here - nothing really can replace hard work and self-discipline. At the end of the day, that's what it all comes down to.

jennypenny

Re: Quote

Post by jennypenny »

I remember New York back in the '80s was like that (think Bonfire of the Vanities, Wall Street, and Working Girl). Everyone working corps/law/wall street thought it was a privilege to be in that world and work those crazy hours.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

again, not necessarily representative. brute doesn't know anyone working over 45 hours a week.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Did wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:41 pm
Saw this sad quote on Linkedin:

Not having family or many friends (yet!) in San Francisco meant that so far I've been doing at least 12-hour / day, 6 days a week. Yeah, 75+ hours per week. Sure that is a lot of hours - BUT - I couldn't help but notice several people who come to the office before me, and finish later than me. So what's my point? There is clearly a reason why in San Francisco everything moves a lot, lot faster than back in Australia. And it's not just the amount of money or capital available here - nothing really can replace hard work and self-discipline. At the end of the day, that's what it all comes down to.
Is it irony or not? Is it part of creating hard working image of self? What was the topic?

Did

Post by Did »

No he was fair dinkum as we say (genuine). He's obviously in the go-getter phase.