Efficiency games!

Move along, nothing to see here!
TheRedHare

Efficiency games!

Post by TheRedHare »

Not that I want to promote video games....but these are some that I really enjoy when I feel like playing one. Chances are if you're into efficiency, and strategic thinking, you'll enjoy these too.

-Factorio: this game is just a masterpiece when it comes to logistics, management and efficient planning.
-Bandish: how I image things might turn out if the economy when kaput. Good practice?
-The Guild II: Renaissance: just a fun game where you get to buy shops, bribe politicians, get body guards, and expand your dynasty.
Last edited by TheRedHare on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Viktor K

Re: Efficiency games!

Post by Viktor K »

A game that I didn't know about for a long time is called Mount & Blade: Warband.

It is good for anyone that likes to control for a lot of things. On the surface, it looks like a turn-based strategy game. However, rather than a faction, you start as just one guy. You run around, eventually getting money in tournaments, recruiting allies to join your "army", marrying into or taking over one of the game's factions, running said faction, starting wars, etc.

The other half of the gameplay is when a battle starts. Instead of click and dragging around a group of units, you still just control your one guy in a battle versus hundreds of other units.

They're coming out with M&B 2 this year supposedly.

wood

Post by wood »

Heroes of Might & Magic III

Viktor K

Post by Viktor K »

You can also check out Cubicle Quest on Steam, made by a fellow ERE-er from this website! (not me)

At least watch the trailer and/or read a review. It is about a guy in a castle, with the debt army outside, and "expense" monsters in the basement.

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

Hearthstone is an online card game along the lines of Magic: the Gathering. You can buy card packs or earn them through play (albeit slowly). It's all about using your cards more efficiently than your opponent. The matches are usually relatively quick.

TheRedHare

Post by TheRedHare »

Viktor K wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:14 am
You can also check out Cubicle Quest on Steam, made by a fellow ERE-er from this website! (not me)
Wow, this game looks awesome. I went ahead and got it on steam for $0.50 due to the summer sale. Do you know who the creator is?

Viktor K

Post by Viktor K »

Creator is Ian

Per his last update, he is very rarely logging in these days. His journal is a good read.

Jean

Post by Jean »

wood wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:56 am
Heroes of Might & Magic III
I lost many hours on this one.