Frugality fail list

Move along, nothing to see here!
C40

Re: Frugality fail list

Post by C40 »

Or carbon fiber (or just cheaper plastic), or I'm sure there are a bunch of other non-conductive options.

In some lines of work (including some electricians) its' better not to wear a ring because of the risk of catching the ring on something and having your finger pulled off your hand. I suppose this could also be solved by getting a ring that will break before doing that.

bryan

Post by bryan »

halfmoon wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:18 am
When a relative stiffed us on a huge loan we'd given him, he said "I'm not going to live like a pauper the way you two do just to pay you back."
:x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: that's infuriating.

halfmoon

Post by halfmoon »

@bryan, I like to think we've gotten over it...but the angry icons made me so HAPPY that I'm not sure. :lol:

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

One of my friends wears a rubber or silicone wedding band. Seems to work and cost almost nothing.

halfmoon

Post by halfmoon »

What is the thing about a wedding ring? Am I missing the ring gene? Maybe the current solution for those who insist should be a wedding ring tattoo.

shade-tree

Post by shade-tree »

My co worker has lost 7 wedding rings over 27 years of marriage. Happened again just recently. She just goes to the mall and buys a new gold band. She has the wedding band gene, without a doubt.

SustainableHappiness

Post by SustainableHappiness »

Gilberto de Piento wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:43 pm
One of my friends wears a rubber or silicone wedding band. Seems to work and cost almost nothing.
A company called Qalo sells these for $20 a pop, or in bulk for less. They can come in multiple colours and are trendy/attractive to lots of people right now if that's what you want. I've lost one kayaking so far. I did love it, however they leave sweat/water underneath the water with no breathing room but flexibility to let the moisture in, so if you are not careful you'll get a skin infection under the silicone (spoken from experience).

I no longer wear a wedding band after a failed attempt to wear silver, and 2 failed attempts to wear silicone.