Time Management Software

Move along, nothing to see here!
brookline

Time Management Software

Post by brookline »

Hi everyone,
I'm interested in getting some personal time management software. Ideally, it would be able to do or be all of the following:
-Free
-Usable on iPhone, cloud, Windows computer on or offline, Apple computer on or offline
-Not a memory hog
-Allow calendaring & some basic project management
-Allow me to see on a daily, weekly & monthly basis where I'm spending my time (e.g., 4 hours bicycling this week)
-Allow multiple categorization of activities (e.g., if I spend 4 hours bicycling to the grocery store, that could be 4 hours bicycling & 4 hours of shopping).
Can anyone recommend something that would do the above? Are there other features I might want?

Stahlmann

Re: Time Management Software

Post by Stahlmann »

RescueTime for reducing time wasted online
for rest Google Calendar

brookline

Post by brookline »

Hi,
Thanks. I'd like one more feature. I'd like to be able to click a radio button when I start a task so I know how long I spent doing it, as opposed to just how long I allocated/projected to do it. So if biking to the grocery store takes 1 hour, as opposed 30 minutes, I could track that.

bryan

Post by bryan »

sorry I can't help recommend anything, but commenting on the off chance that someone shares something worthwhile. Ideally I would want something integrated in the browser (like RescueTime?) AND smartphone (which uses some smarts like Google's Location Services which is scary good). Integration to calendaring software also a must, ideally automatically re-flowing any changes to your schedule, like a personal assistant might do.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Propably pencil and paper are pareto optimality in that case !