Finding another exit

Move along, nothing to see here!
Did

Finding another exit

Post by Did »

Better labelled the trap of not thinking....

https://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/d ... large.jpeg

GandK

Re: Finding another exit

Post by GandK »

I believe it. Outside of the Beltway, there are few stupider mammals than sheep.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

supposedly, chickens are so dumb that they don't get to available shelter when it rains, instead often freezing to death.

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

Wow, is that a real photo. It almost looks photoshopped

WRT chickens, they aren't too bad, although they do stay outside, albeit under their shelter, when it rains. They stay inside when it snows.

Turkeys on the other hand....

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

We have wild turkeys where I live. I don't know how smart they are, but I was surprised to have it proved to me that one can outsprint me. It was less than a hundred meters before it came up on an area open enough to permit him to fly away.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

enigmaT120 wrote:I was surprised to have it proved to me that one can outsprint me
Details, pictures, video, please! :D

JamesR

Post by JamesR »

There's clearly a fence there. You can see the shadows of the posts, it's a wire fence.

Speaking of dumb animals... how about those crazy homo sapiens? ;)

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

JamesR wrote:There's clearly a fence there. You can see the shadows of the posts, it's a wire fence.
;)
It's not only there - it's electrified.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

JamesR wrote:Speaking of dumb animals... how about those crazy homo sapiens? ;)
no kidding.. tell brute about it.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

The scary thing about wild turkeys is that they will stay on the ground as you are approaching them in a car until almost the last minute. It's sort of a miracle that I never hit anything bigger than a robin during my years of rural commuting.

Did

Post by Did »

7Wannabe5 wrote:The scary thing about wild turkeys is that they will stay on the ground as you are approaching them in a car until almost the last minute. It's sort of a miracle that I never hit anything bigger than a robin during my years of rural commuting.
In outback oz people carry a wacking stick in their car to put larger creatures out of their misery post accident.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

cmonkey wrote:Wow, is that a real photo. It almost looks photoshopped

WRT chickens, they aren't too bad, although they do stay outside, albeit under their shelter, when it rains. They stay inside when it snows.

Turkeys on the other hand....
My time spent living in my little house on the prarie taught me neither are dumb if they are heritage breeds. Modern meat birds have had the brains nearly competely breed out of them. :( Guinea hens are the craziest creatures and imo just barely qualify as a domesticated creature.

I miss our poultry.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

jacob wrote:
enigmaT120 wrote:I was surprised to have it proved to me that one can outsprint me
Details, pictures, video, please! :D
If I'd been trying to record it, the difference would have been much worse. But as it was, he/she was just jogging fast enough to stay a good distance in front of me. I fear I did not really gain an idea of it's top speed. Like a short ostrich or something.

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Laura Ingalls wrote:[ Modern meat birds have had the brains nearly competely breed out of them. :(
I loved the movie Freebirds. ;)

I raised chickens. Dumb, but they got awfully smart at dinner time. Mom and dad always wanted the hardest one to catch. Funny I can still smell that fetid odor of their blood and wet feathers.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The last birds I butchered were of the dumb broiler variety. Dh and I butchered about 20 birds in about 5 hours so we didn't have to find anyone for chores while we were gone on a trip. Some of them needed a little"finish" work when we thawed them out later.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

My favorite quote from a tv show I never watched is "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

I'm not proud of my sense of humor.