Sharpening the Saw Methods and Frequency

Move along, nothing to see here!
stand@desk

Sharpening the Saw Methods and Frequency

Post by stand@desk »

I have a document with some of the best quotes and knowledge I have acquired over the years that specifically speaks to my way of thinking. There is plenty of ERE stuff in there, some George Bernard Shaw and a host of others. It's great to go over the document from time to time to keep my recent memory cognizant of the best motivations and strategies for living a good life for me and my family.

I am curious not as to the sources of others but how often do you review your similar document(s) and do you have it in a handwritten journal or a word document on your computer..Also, the length of your wisdom book. The longer it is the greater chance some of the content is not the sweetest most potent fruit. What is the ideal document size I wonder? Mine is currently around 10 pages in a word document and I am transferring some handwritten material I accumulated for years into my word document. I hope to review my document every couple of weeks or so. Lately I have been reviewing every few months and I find that I would benefit more if I reviewed it more often.

The key is not to forget the great material and lessons you have acquired during your years of existence, because I am sure we have all acted in some way or another that could have been different if we just remembered or reviewed some lessons we have already learned but just forgot about along the way.

BRUTE

Re: Sharpening the Saw Methods and Frequency

Post by BRUTE »

brute collects inspiring or defining quotes in a text file, the contents of which are read by a script, and one of which is selected randomly to be displayed in brute's organization/calendar script.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

What about sharpening a saw? I have a book on sharpening my cross cut saw (and others) but haven't tried it yet.

I'm pretty sure I don't do whatever it is you guys are doing.

Ego

Post by Ego »

I have a windows machine and have Sticky Notes on the desktop covered with interesting quotes, ideas, etc. I keep the html code for text links on one as well :D. It's great because it is always right there and the notes are bottomless so they can go on forever like a text document, but every so often I have to go through and organize the notes into similar items.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute likens this to consciously brainwashing himself. being exposed to anything will brainwash humans a little bit every day. if humans watch 2 hours of TV, they'll be brainwashed by what's on the TV. brute has decided to brainwash himself, instead of relying on the TV.