Unexpected financial wins?

Move along, nothing to see here!
daylen

Unexpected financial wins?

Post by daylen »

I received a $200 enameled cast iron pot today from amazon that I did not order. No one I know would have sent me this as a present, so it must have been a mistake made by amazon or the seller. I looked it up and amazon doesn't expect you to return the item in this scenario, hence a $200 gift just fell right out of the sky into my hands! It is funny too since I was just talking about how I need cookware on this forum yesterday. This thing will probably last a lifetime if I take care of it. :D

Has anyone else experienced unexpected financial wins? Maybe an unexpected inheritance or something?

BRUTE

Re: Unexpected financial wins?

Post by BRUTE »

Ego

Post by Ego »

I would call them and tell them you received it. If Amazon made the mistake then it is a drop in the bucket. If a small vendor made the mistake then $200 might be a big deal.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I've gotten unordered items in a box I was expecting, but never a random box just showing up. Sounds fishy.

Might want to make sure your address isn't being used in a reshipping scam. It happened to someone I know. Basically, stolen credit cards are used to order high-value merchandise, shipped to some address, and resold. Sometimes mules use their own location as the ship-to address, other times they use a stranger's address, typically a house with a nice front porch where UPS is comfortable leaving the box. Then the mule retrieves it from the porch.

daylen

Post by daylen »

I had a similar thought. The package had my name on it though, and I don't even own the place. Only amazon's database would have that information.