Book: Minor Editing Errors

Move along, nothing to see here!
Astraplane

Book: Minor Editing Errors

Post by Astraplane »

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful book with the world. Some excellent insights and perhaps most importantly showing us what's possible.

I've had a lifelong habit of notifying authors of minor editing errors, especially those to whom I can most relate and I believe would most appreciate my sincere effort.

Though there may be more (and I may be wrong), here's what I noted:

1. Page 50, paragraph 3, second to last sentence "...and is hence is perceived..."
2. Page 81, 2nd full paragraph, 2nd to last sentence "...shares a lot with typical businesses strategies..."
3. Page 89, last sentence "In other words, arrange your life like an orchestra or a sports team, which don't depend on any single player."
4. Page 96, sentence 8 "...by draw a half circle..."
5. Page 102, 3rd full paragraph, last sentence "However, it..."
6. Page 129, paragraph 3, sentence 2 "...or wait for them be released..."

All the continued fulfillment,
Ryan

BRUTE

Re: Book: Minor Editing Errors

Post by BRUTE »

best first post

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

1. Known error.
2. That's already been corrected in the most recent version. Do you have a 1st ed?
3. That's already been corrected in the most recent version. Do you have a 1st ed?
4. Known error.
5. Known error.
6. That's already been corrected in the most recent version. Do you have a 1st ed? (Bonus ... on page 129, line 2 (coffee suppliess with an extra s ..)

I'll add in all known errors if I ever republish a 3rd edition in paper. Note that about 20 known errors were corrected in the most recent kindle update (but not the paperback)---which then technically is a third ed. It's mostly typos and nothing that would change the meaning of anything. 99.9% of people would miss them entirely. Correcting minor errors is not a big priority of mine. Indeed, I've seen bestselling books in the 12th edition still having small editing errors like that. I don't aim to remove all errors because each correction requires taking the book offline for about two weeks.

Astraplane

Post by Astraplane »

Yes, my copy appears to be the first edition purchased new through Amazon a few months ago.

Great to hear you're already aware of these...and more importantly that it's a low priority for you and presumably other authors. Sounds like a lot of work for little, if any, benefit. Given our culture's increasing proclivity to multi-tasking, it seems there is a corresponding increase in editing errors - sometime to a comical degree - across all media so errors, in general, are less likely to stand out.

Keep up the good work.