Post by thrifty++ »

48%

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Introvert / Extrovert Quiz

Post by jacob »

37%

Quiz results: "While not necessarily shy, you prefer to spend a lot of your time alone to recharge your limited energy. Quite simply: people drain you, and you prefer your own inner world of thoughts and passions to the external world of people and events. As such, you tend to have few close friendships, and are very selective when it comes to relationships. You prefer to think before you act, and people describe you as being thoughtful, cautious, quiet and introspective. "

Actual results: "While finding it easy to stand in front on hundreds of people delivering a talk, you find it hard to find people to relate to. Quite simply: there aren't that many people on your level but you find it energizing and easy to relate and speak to the few that are once you find them. As such you tend to have few but close relationships. You prefer to analyse things deeply before you speak and people describe you as being extremely sharp, knowledgeable, and humble and/or arrogant depending on perspective."

Also see, http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/06/ap ... rsion.html ... I rank rather high on the social and, especially, the restrained dimensions.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

42%

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

33%

I wasn't sure how to answer some of the questions. One asked about public speaking and mingling. I have no problem giving speeches about a subject I care about but can't stand mingling. How are they judged the same?

OTCW

Post by OTCW »

41%

Chad

Post by Chad »

38% I didn't really need that test to tell me that.
jennypenny wrote:33%

I wasn't sure how to answer some of the questions. One asked about public speaking and mingling. I have no problem giving speeches about a subject I care about but can't stand mingling. How are they judged the same?
Because, an extrovert built the test. :) I thought the same thing. I also didn't like the deserted island question. Not even introverts want that. I did like the question about how you see your childhood.

JamesR

Post by JamesR »

Didn't Care Enough to Finish Quiz%

Freedom_2018

Post by Freedom_2018 »

51% - ambivert

Questions seem to be too broad...but perhaps so are the outcomes.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

44% ambivert. Interesting, because in other things (e.g., MBTI) I score very strong introvert.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

The test is most likely garbage. Look at the articles on the site.

When psychologists develop tests there is a scientific, technical method to evaluate the overall test and questions. Random internet tests don't have the same level of scrutiny applied.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

Gilberto de Piento wrote:...
When psychologists develop tests there is a scientific, technical method to evaluate the overall test and questions...
Yes. It's called Factor Analysis and relies on a priori assumptions about the kinds of boxes you want your test subjects to fit into. Real psychology has plenty of ill defined questions they try to answer with too-well defined hypotheses.

My best approach so far has been to acquire as much knowledge about psychology and do an internal least-squares estimate as to what something means. In other words: Assemble data and rely on the wisdom of crowds to make a judgment call.

I think you trust psychologists too much.