Star wars

Move along, nothing to see here!
Pronoid

Re: Star wars

Post by Pronoid »

Bunch of buzzkills in this thread ;)

Just got back from watching it. Work rented a theater for everyone so I did see it for free at least. I thought it was decent for what it was. I would have paid to watch it otherwise, though.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Finally saw it. I liked it. Now I wish I'd seen it in a big theater (although HD was not kind to Han and Leia). I think the best part was that they didn't CGI it to death like the last 3.

Chad

Post by Chad »

The theater is a little better, as part of the appeal is the spectacle.

HD definitely not kind to Han and Leia, but you can really see the abuse of the body (drugs and food) in Fisher. Ford is 73 and Fisher is only 59. One could argue that Fisher looks older and Ford has been through a serious plane crash.

I like how they played with both Finn and Rey as force users, but it ended up being Rey.

There were issues with the film, such as being too much of a copy of New Hope. Overall, it was solid. Though, I hated that my favorite character of all time dies.

Chad

Post by Chad »

Rogue One trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

A female lead again, which is interesting.

Did

Post by Did »

Looks like a cross between hunger games and battlefield earth.

Not a good thing.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Fisher is only 59? What was she, like 12, when they filmed Star Wars? I agree then, time has been kinder to Ford. I was impressed that he could still move enough to run through some of those scenes. My boys were a little creeped out by the scenes between Han and Leia. In the last scene where they get sentimental, my boys started yelling "Ugh, don't kiss!" because they didn't want to see "old people touching" LOL.