Conspiracy theory you deem most likely to be true

Move along, nothing to see here!
fiby41

Re: Conspiracy theory you deem most likely to be true

Post by fiby41 »

Subhash Chandra Bose, who organised the Indian National Army, dies from a plane crash and conspiracy theory is reported within hours of the news of the death.

Government of India has instituted three commissions of inquiry, two of which confirmed the death in the plane crash but the third stated that Bose faked his own death. This report was rejected by the government without citing any reasons.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

'Love Jihad'.
http://www.islam-watch.org/authors/73-b ... uslim.html

In Islam, a person of either sex marrying a Moslem has to convert first, along with a new firstname but talakh (divorce) or not, leaving the faith is punishable by death. The theory is this process has institutional support and gets encouragement.

Nassim Nicholas Taleb gives more examples.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

fiby41 wrote:Subhash Chandra Bose
There is renewed interest in this conspiracy theory as two days ago it was announced that 164 related secret files will be declassified.

Chad

Post by Chad »

This suggests the vast majority of conspiracy theories are bogus:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35411684

akratic

Post by akratic »

I'm not sure that this counts as a conspiracy theory, but I have my doubts about whether all types of recycling are worth it.

There's an environmental cost to transporting/processing recyclables that's often just plain ignored.

And there's a psychological cost with recycling that it's okay to generate a bunch of trash as long as you put it in the recycle bin. Nobody should feel like they are "saving the environment" by filling an entire recycling bin. :evil:

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

I'm going to state my own conspiracy theory.
There will be an acute diabetes drug shortage within 5 years. This theory arises from previous mentions of Medicaid costs ($245b) and an online article pointing out that 10% of the sick are causing 40-50% of the costs (80:20 rule sorta?) A fungal contamination sounds most plausible.

I can only assume that less than 10% of diabetics will die. The tiny blip would cause shipments to no longer be automatic. However, a week delay can be deadly.

Ego

Post by Ego »

The Trump-Putin conspiracy is getting rather interesting. Seth Abramson produced a good 50-post twitter mega thread about it with links to stories about each point.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 3129772032

It looks like Chris Steele may testify before a televised session of the intel committee. I don't have the slightest idea if it is true and I suspect it will be difficult to prove considering the main source of the information was found dead in Moscow. We shall see.

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

^ Hey look, it's the conspiracy theory I deem most likely to have been invented to cover up the conspiracy theory I deem most likely to be true. ;)

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36arQMNldaw

They can drum up all the evidence of Russia involvement that they want. What they'll never do is prove that it influenced the election outcome in any way because that argument hinges on the condescending implication that Bernie supporters were "duped" into hating Clinton. Nope. Sorry. We just hate Clinton. People like me, actual leftists, not centrists, hated Clinton since 2008. Her campaign in 2016 was garbage. Democrats were slimy cheaters. The media were blatant liars.

So I'll be curious to see if Chris Steele's testimony reveals how the Russians kept the Clinton campaign out of Michigan and Wisconsin. Or how the Russians made Donna Brazile leak debate questions to Clinton. Or how the Russians forced Clinton to make all those Wall Street speeches. Or how the Russians wrote internal DNC memos discussing elevating and legitimizing Trump as a strategy. Or how the Russians made Bill Clinton illegally electioneer in Massachusetts polling places. Or how the Russians made the US media invent "flying chairs" at a Nevada caucus. Or...

Farm_or

Post by Farm_or »

'They" are spraying the skies to counter global warming

Jean

Post by Jean »

Scrubby wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:40 am
Chad wrote:Obviously, Putin isn't the good guy here, but the US/NATO hardly have the moral high ground. The US/NATO has been trying to pull Ukraine out of Russia's sphere of influence for a while. This is quite literally poking the bear. Neither the US/NATO or Russia actually care what the Ukrainians want.
In my opinion the side who is pro democracy and openness automatically has the moral high ground. It doesn't matter much if they benefit from it themselves. In this case it is the US and partly the EU.
At least, Putin doesn't pretend to care, he always states that he works for the interest of Russians and Russia.
Spartan_Warrior wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:10 am
^^ Yep, George Carlin said it best.

For me, it's 9/11 being a false flag inside job. No real evidence. Just fits my personal narrative and image of the American empire, and it's not like it hasn't happened before...

http://listverse.com/2014/11/10/10-insi ... n-enemies/
Daniele Ganser seems to have some solid points about this subject.

And I would had that what we learn about the holocaust is very unlikely to be true, but I fear that even here, this is outside of what we can talk about.
But I'm open to have my mind changed, and if someone wants to provide answer to the few points I have, and this forum is probably the only place where I might get answers.

bryan

Post by bryan »

"North Korea" hasn't hacked anything. Ever.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Hard not to think of WTC 7 with Grenfell Tower still standing, although many have admitted it was pulled at this point.

Chad

Post by Chad »

Chad wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:26 pm
This suggests the vast majority of conspiracy theories are bogus:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35411684
Just bumping the thread with this again.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

@Chad -- That doesn't mean they're all bogus. Even Kerry and McCain have let it slip that WTC 7 was pulled. That doesn't mean I think the images of planes flying into WTC 1 & 2 were holograms or that the illuminati planned the attack. It just means that there's another story there that was buried under the main story (sorry for the bad pun).

It's not that there's some vast conspiracy every time. Most of the time, it's probably just poorly thought out excuses to cover up stupid mistakes by those in authority (sometimes I think old-school types forget that everything is recorded and captured these days so they can't ignore evidence hoping it will go away). And any cop will tell you that there's always a piece of evidence that doesn't fit the scene so sometimes there are facts that can't be reconciled.

Every once in a while though you get something like WTC 7 ...

Chad

Post by Chad »

No, but how many end up being true? An incredibly small amount. Even the ones that end up being "true" mostly don't tend to be conspiracy theories by strict definition.

Could you post the links for the evidence of WTC 7? I don't remember ever seeing anything that seemed legitimate.

Old-school types definitely forget about tech/being recorded constantly. It always amazes me what these people put in emails.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I'm not home so I don't have access to my list of references, but here's link to the current campaign from the big architects and engineers group determined to get NIST to change their report. They (A & E) have been relentless because, they say, you can't say that steel buildings that catch fire simply fall down. If that were true, any high rise steel building would be vulnerable to collapse in the event of a fire.

You can also search youtube for their videos and the ones of McCain, Kerry, Silverstein (the owner) and first responders indicating they were pulling the building.

I don't know why it was done and have no idea whether the charges could have been set during the 8 1/2 hours between the first tower being hit and the collapse of WTC 7 shortly after 5pm that day.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

jennypenny wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:22 pm
I'm not home so I don't have access to my list of references, but here's link to the current campaign from the big architects and engineers group determined to get NIST to change their report. They (A & E) have been relentless because, (1) they say, you can't say that steel buildings that catch fire simply fall down. If that were true, any high rise steel building would be vulnerable to collapse in the event of a fire.

(2) You can also search youtube for their videos and the ones of McCain, Kerry, Silverstein (the owner) and first responders indicating they were pulling the building.

I don't know why it was done and have no idea whether the charges could have been set during the 8 1/2 hours between the first tower being hit and the collapse of WTC 7 shortly after 5pm that day.
My response is from this perspective: normal guy (before 8 years ago) -> real hardcore nut about conspiracies (8-7 years ago) ->try to not care, but be normal (nowadays) (I spend so much time there :lol: )

(1) Catch a light steel bar. Put into the fire. Find a hammer. Put out the bar from the fire. Use the hammer to play with the steel. You do not need to cross X temperature to obtain plastic steel. Above certain temperature steel tends to be ductile anyway. This the science they should teach in the schools . (This tackles the most common objection about right temperature)

I must say that I know fellow mech engs who do not catch that :lol: The irony is they are further in career, even in R&D! :D

(2) Insurances tend to be lower than the cost of the thing you want to cover. Do you think somebody wants to earn X money when they paid Y money (X<Y)? That makes no sense.

Personally, I must say that that kind of movies are really convincing... You are being caught by them or not. I have not figured why it works that way.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

They (A & E) have been relentless because, they say, you can't say that steel buildings that catch fire simply fall down. If that were true, any high rise steel building would be vulnerable to collapse in the event of a fire.
OK, forgive my ignorance, but is anybody still blathering about the collapse of the WTC? I thought this was over with 15 years ago. (I was literally trying to figure out what the WTO had done to set off conspiracy fanboys this time :roll: world trade conference #7? What could they be talking about?!?)

Annealed streel us way too weak to support modern steel buildings. Fortunately, modern steel buildings are made of steel and concrete. All that burns is the carpet and furniture, not enough heat to anneal steel.

Add impact damage and a jet full of fuel, and the situation changes.

This isn't something someone with Google and an engineering toolbox website couldn't verify with less time than it would take to write it up.

A comparable situation happened in El Paso, in the early 90's. A fuel truck hit the center divider on an overpass over I-10. The fire annealed the steel beams of the overpass, and it also had to be rebuilt.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

WTC 7 wasn't impacted or doused by jet fuel.

Official report https://www.nist.gov/pba/questions-and- ... estigation