Allow polls?

Move along, nothing to see here!
RightClawSouth

Post by RightClawSouth »

I'd be really interested to poll our new community here.. Can you install the following plugin?

http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbpress-polls/
If there's some other way to achieve similar functionality that would be cool too.
Example poll: Are you going to buy Jacob's book?

1. I'm gonna buy ten and give them away as presents!

2. Yes, I'll buy one.

3. I'm adding it to my list for Santa.

4. I think I'll wait til it's in the library...

5. I am god, I know everything already.
(my answer is 3 btw :) )

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

You'll probably get better stats on the blog than here. I'm reluctant to install things (complicate the software) unless demand is really high. Did you have anything particular in mind?

RightClawSouth

Post by RightClawSouth »

That's probably true, I'm just really interested in what kind of people are drawn to ERE and I'd be really interested to know more about them.
I'd bet there's a lot of INTJs and I'd guess most are atheist and probably a pretty strong libertarian streak but would I'd love to see the data. Also polls around how people are doing with their ERE efforts. Things like a "monthly expenses poll" or a "years to FI" poll etc.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

I think a lot of the data will be strongly colored by the large number of people willing to read my rantings---it means they mostly agree with the way I think and what I say. INTJs per se are competent/independent and thus tend to follow the matching political philosophy which is libertarianism. They also rank just about the lowest in terms of religious beliefs for any personality type (they probably believe they themselves are minor gods :-D ). I did a "how long until you retire post" a long time ago. The mean is around 10 years. Most people are only moderately extreme.
I like the expense poll and will post it on the blog "soon". My guess is around $10,000 but we'll see.

RightClawSouth

Post by RightClawSouth »

Cool, I'll be interested to see that. I think the average will be higher than $10,000. As you said, most aren't that extreme given the large # of years until retirement. My own expenses are around $1500 per month... (I know, I know, I have much work to do, the killer is having a commute, my partner works far away from where I work so we live in between and both have a commute)

AlexOliver

Post by AlexOliver »

6. Bought one already :)