Rich ‘Dad,’ Bankrupt Dad.....

Move along, nothing to see here!
mfi

Post by mfi »

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Hah! You know that guy talks a good talk and had a few good ideas and presented them well, but bottom line he's basically a sociopath when it comes to dealing with other people.

dot_com_vet

Post by dot_com_vet »

Financial self-helpers in the business to make a living can be summed up by this:
http://us8.memecdn.com/Dilbert-How-to-m ... _o_868.jpg

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Seems like he took his money out of this business quickly and then let the ship sink. That's probably illegal, too?

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

And that's why you always use a shell corporation, kids.

Christopherjart

Post by Christopherjart »

I'm not really surprised and yes +1 on why use a shell corporation. I reread part of cashflow quadrant in Spanish yesterday between classes in the University's library and there were a few good points mixed in with all the filler. It is sad that the subsequent books had less instead of more. (no, I didn't buy those. Thank God for libraries)

mfi

Post by mfi »

@dragoncar - How would a shell help if a corporation over time transferred its assets and business to another corporation with the same management and shareholder(s) to avoid legal liability. Aren't courts more likely to pierce the corporate veil under such circumstances?

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

He's still fine as his other companies are making money and those assets are protected from the lawsuit mentioned in the article. Donald Trump has protected his assets the same way. His publicly traded company is bankrupt while his private companies are not. I am not very comfortable with the way those two individuals run businesses. I am more of a Buffett fan.

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

What pooablo said. I didn't see an indication of comingled assets.