Investment analysis book recommendation

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
P_K

Investment analysis book recommendation

Post by P_K »

I am about to start reading this textbook on investment analysis. It was listed in Jacob's blog post regarding a startup curriculum on investing and such. Before I committed to reading it I thought I'd check with the forum and ask if anyone has read it/other books on the topic and if this recommendation (which was made a few years ago now) is still the way to go. Also, does getting a hold of the latest edition matter? My thought is the principals are likely the same even if I get a few revs back.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Investment analysis book recommendation

Post by jacob »

That one or this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071123059 if they're the first on the list.

Latest edition doesn't matter; especially if you're a beginner, going with the older versions is often better since the ratio of fundamental insight to subsequent details is higher. At the level these introbooks are covering things, there hasn't been any new insight in finance in the last 50 years or so.

P_K

Re: Investment analysis book recommendation

Post by P_K »

Yup, first on the list for investment books. I am about to finish the economics book you listed in that post (reading them all in the order you listed in the comments), but I've not read any intro books on portfolio theory and the like yet. I'll check that one out as well.

I was thinking that was likely the case. I won't stress getting the most recent version then. Thanks for the reply.