Where to invest cash assets?

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
The Old Man

Re: Where to invest cash assets?

Post by The Old Man »

http://www.depositaccounts.com
Very comprehensive listing of deposit accounts in the USA: savings, checking, and CDs.

JL13

Post by JL13 »

Chris wrote:I-bonds are an option.
+1,

ether

Post by ether »

1.05% money market online bank, plus the bragging rights of saying you have money with Goldman Sacs
Here

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

NPV wrote:Found this one: https://www.nemeabank.com/personal/term-deposit-account

Curious to see if anyone has experience with this bank / understand how they can pay 3.5% in EUR? When something looks too good to be true, it typically is, but so far I have not been able to find the catch (e.g., the deposits up to 100k EUR seem to be protected by government deposit insurance).
Ha, it seems it was too good to be true. From their current webpage:
European Central Bank in April 2016, a number of serious regulatory shortcomings were identified in the Bank’s operations.

These regulatory findings have been communicated to the Bank, together with a directive that restricts the Bank from opening any new accounts or from accepting new client deposits into accounts. Withdrawals by existing clients are being limited to EUR250 per day for each client until further notice.

Lemon

Post by Lemon »

I have mine in various accounts that pay 3-5%. But I am running out of space for any further cash in these sorts amounts as most require some sort of criteria to keep and there are only so many synthetic direct debits I can create/be bothered to create.

Not that this should be a problem as more of it should be being invested than currently is, but sure bet 5% was far more desirable. My large cash position is sub optimal now that the bonus rates are drifting down to 3%...

Lucky C

Post by Lucky C »

Capital One 360 @ 0.9%
It's cash in a super low interest rate environment. You really can't get much without risk.