Where is the DOW going?

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Under 10k I said a year ago ... and I was wrong. And this is why I don't go short but only go defensive ... because I was right about the first part.

brian

Post by brian »

I think my take away from these older posts is just how prevalent certain ideas (memes) are in the markets. They are talked about by everyone and then they simply pass away with no real effect. The future of markets is always unknown.

Stahlmann

Re:

Post by Stahlmann »

jacob wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:12 am
Over 13000 and stay there for 0-500 days. Then it'll drop to under 10000 faster than most people can say "sell".
jacob wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm
Under 10k I said a year ago ... and I was wrong. And this is why I don't go short but only go defensive ... because I was right about the first part.
How have you learnt to learn in that sense?

Or did I just not catch the irony? :lol:
I mean in 2010 you was 6-7 years in investing (roughly) and then such a bet.
It is not about nit-picking, but how people think about thinking.

This is also question for other folks who live in American-centric cultures, where it is normal to put 50-60-70% of your savings in some stock exchange (I am European, mean that).

Hankaroundtheworld

Re: Where is the DOW going?

Post by Hankaroundtheworld »

If people believe that USD is toast, then you should consider cryptocurrencies (or gold of course). Anyway I stepped aside a half year ago (took out 50% of stock market portfolio) and I decided to wait for a real correction, which still can be 2 years away, or 2 months, nobody knows, so it is a bit of a gamble (same goes to investing in cryptocurrencies, which does much better right now)