Weight to Waist Ratio

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
7Wannabe5

Re: Weight to Waist Ratio

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

BRUTE said: female parental unit was juicing
lol- I think it does have something to do with sugar metabolism. It's a very complex, not very well-researched topic as of yet, but I do think it will prove to be a very important matter in the realm of medical guidelines for individualized nutrition in the future. Human breast-milk is sweeter than the breast-milk of other mammals because our big brains demand more energy for growth and operation, and sugar is what the brain runs on. Some adult humans can eat more sugary foods and store the calories as fat on their backsides in order to provide nutrition for growing fetus. When human females are either apple shaped or very stick shaped, they tend towards having problems with fertility. Humans who are pear or hour-glass shaped tend towards having problems if they don't allow themselves to be fertile. IOW, just like female rabbits, if curvy women don't have babies or breast-feed, they have a greater tendency towards developing estrogenic cancers. This is an example of how statistics can be misleading. The tendency towards cancer is correlated with the natural tendency to have a more curvy figure, but it isn't the more curvy figure that is causing the cancer. If you consider weight vs. medical costs, it might look like being heavier is causing both more heart attacks in modern men and more breast cancer in modern women, but the causal mechanisms are quite possibly completely different. The fat you are carrying on your breasts and hips only correlates with cancer risk to the extent that you never used your curvy body for the intention it was made. Choosing not to have or breast-feed any more babies past the age of 26 did somewhat increase my risk, but we can't make medical decisions in an economic vacuum.One funny, not so well-known, thing about hormones, is that women who have the relatively rare Barbie-like figure with very narrow hips and very large breasts are exhibiting a high-testosterone syndrome. That's why I wasn't surprised when a fit-looking, tennis playing, famous actress with large breasts was found to have a good deal of visceral fat during the course of the BBC documentary I linked.

@jennypenny: I agree that it is highly annoying to have to prove yourself to be the exception to the rule of any population statistic. Waist-to-hip ratio can be somewhat dismissed by a very thin, athletic type for the same/opposite reason that BMI can be somewhat dismissed by a hip-heavy female or a shoulder heavy man. The rational thing to do is to look at several other related risk factors and see if they apply to you. For instance, my blood pressure and resting pulse are quite low and my sugar metabolism is normal. I can't run a marathon or do a pull-up, but I can hike all the day long with a papoose-weight backpack, and I can put my feet all the way behind my head on to the floor, and then roll forward and jump up to standing. I was exercising with a very fit, slender 75 year old man the other day, and he said "Stop, stop, you aren't 12." when I kept doing that, but I think that was just sour grapes.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

How do you tell which direction is forward from that curled up position?

I knew about the link to childlessness and cancers, and it depressed me, but I hadn't seen any studies that divided the population up by body types to see if it was worse for some than for others. That was interesting.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Women built like 7W5 are more likely to get certain cancers, but women built like me are more likely to get heart disease. She can carry more weight, but I probably have an easier time with exercise. She's more likely to get a date, and I'm more likely to kick the date's ass.

It all balances out. :D

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@enigmaT120: It's fascinating to me because I keep encountering new pieces that all fit into the same puzzle. My mother suffers from bi-polar disease, so my sisters and I are all somewhat cyclothymic, and my INTJ daughter has a minor statistically related endocrine disorder. There is a huge overlap between the symptoms of cyclothymia, factors correlated with waist-to-hip ratio, and factors correlated with short ring finger. For example, females with low hip to waist ratio generally become sexually active at an early age and have the most sexual partners, and cyclothymic females tend towards exhibiting symptoms of hyper-sexuality in early adolescence. Intense sugar cravings are a well-documented symptom of manic-cycling and high carbohydrate foods are more likely to be stored as gluteal fat. Bi-polar disorder is well-correlated with high IQ, and low waist-to-hip ratio is well-correlated with high IQ of offspring. Females have less testosterone than males, but they are more sensitive to it. Women who exhibit hyper-sexuality are even more sensitive, so even a little bit of pheromone exposure can trigger a good deal of behavior. I wish I had known about some of this years ago. I would never choose to be medicated, but it would have been helpful in the realm of self-aware, self-care.

Anyways, it is pretty obvious that there may be some link between access to higher carbohydrate foods, development of ability to store these higher carbohydrate foods as gluteal fat, and the rapid increase in intelligence in humans beyond other primates. It would also make sense that the increased window of sexual receptivity in human females would be linked. Gluteal fat stores would allow human pregnancies to be successful in cold or dry season situations that would otherwise favor only limited seasonal receptivity since pregnancy requires a lot of resources.

An older friend of mine has a 30-something year old son who is very much into extreme sports and fitness. His wife shares his lifestyle preference. She had a great deal of difficulty becoming pregnant because her body fat percentage was so low, and then their baby was born quite prematurely, and required a long stay in neonatal care. They are trying to have another child and she has been told to eat more and exercise less, but she wont' do it. Obviously, being too fit rather than the opposite is a teeny-tiny drop in bucket problem in our culture, but rigid adherence to any extreme can lead to problems. You have to consider what function(s) you are attempting to be fit enough to fulfill.( I will note for the record here that obese apple shaped women also frequently experience fertility issues because they have thrown their hormonal systems out of whack in the some opposite manner. )

@jennypenny: Maybe you are more likely to get the guy who will run a little longer and harder to catch you ;) My type rolls right over, offering little challenge that might promote the stamina of the species. Luckily, some of us pop right back up again too.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Okay, I have decided that I am going to try to follow the 16/8 intermittent fasting protocol and do this workout 5 days/week. When I try to live in my camper again, I will have to shower at the community center anyways, so I might as well make use of the weight room. I can still scavenge and process food during the 16 hours I am not eating. If I get stronger then I will be able to haul water and dig garden beds faster, so gaining muscle seems more in alignment with my web of goals than losing fat through aerobic exercise. Also, if I start strength training more, then it might influence my polyamours to start strength training more which would also be my preference. I should probably reset my standard for partners at ability to overhead press 170 lbs. with relative ease. I'm already okay with being seen in a bikini at the age of 51, so that's pretty good, but I'm going to take it to damn proud to be seen in a bikini. I will go to the Everything is $1 thrift store and buy several in different sizes. Hopefully, I won't frighten too many youngsters when I turn around and they see my Grandma face. Maybe I will start wearing my hair in Lagertha braids and buy some boots that will make me 6'1". Then I will obliterate my skinny affluent peers shopping at the northern suburb Whole Foods. I am usually too shy to wear high boots or leather vests in public, so that will be a good challenge towards personal growth.