Whole body with emphasis lower

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
7Wannabe5

Re: Whole body with emphasis lower

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Spartan Warrior said: In fact, there is some speculation that a load-bearing spine curvature is as much responsible for attractiveness as gluteal size
Yup. What really makes the older guys crazy (because they sometimes don't have so much hair anymore themselves) is if you straighten your hair so it drops all the way down to that part of your back. Of course, I've only got a few more years left myself until I will be too wrinkly in the face to wear my hair long like that (sigh), so I have to make hay while the sun shines...or something like that.
enigmaT120 said: I could laugh and cry at the same time.
An elegant work of perma-culture may have that effect on people. I take a little bit of skill/knowledge from this forum, combine it with some resources/skills I have at the ready, integrate the result with an underutilized vector of masculine energy and then I get the loan of a truck, three dinner dates, promise of museum outing, promise of help with digging project, promise of movie and a nature hike, free professional photography, AND calls made by influential individual to important media figures to promote my ecological political protest. So, the youngsters on this forum may live in a less toxic world in the future as a direct result of helping me with my exercise program, and I have lots of fun.

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

Here's a challenge.

I modified a yoga routine.

Three legged table (one leg extended), curl the toes on the down foot, lift knee and push into three legged dog, return to three legged table. x15 each side

It works the thighs going up and down and hip flexors staying straight.

*Im not a doctor and don't recommend doing something that's painful. I am playing around and might be doing something wrong and not know it.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Toska2: Yeah, that's pretty killer. By happenstance, my sister who is a yoga-fiend has insisted that I add endurance in reverse table top pose to my new routine. I'm not the most naturally physically intelligent person, so I sometimes find that my limiting factor is making the brain through nerves to muscle connection or finding the form. Like if somebody just puts a fingertip where I should move or relax a muscle then I can move or relax it, but I can't directly command the movement or relaxation with my brain.

It's sort of interesting how health and fitness have become an overt sorting mechanism when dating at mid-life. I really think that this is not just due to correlation with physical attractiveness, but also preferring the company of somebody who will promote or affirm some of your better practices. Of course, this is also mitigated by the desire to be accepted along with some of your worse practices. For instance, I liked the man I met for dinner last night because he is 6'1" 34 inch waist, is currently focusing on knee strengthening and trail-running for exercise, is a self-aware/reformed-foodie/cookie monster, and he didn't auto-pilot order a drink. Also, he grabbed my leg under the table. You would think after 37 years on and off the dating market, I would have learned how to act offended when that sort of thing happens, but sadly that is not the case. In my defense, it was mitigated by the fact that he said I was "cute" and opened all restaurant and car doors for me, which is pretty good for a Gen-Xer. Baby Boomers, like the man I met for coffee earlier in the day, I expect to stand when I excuse myself from the table or return to be seated,and make use of adjectives such as "lovely" or "adorable." S-P-O-I-L-E-D (but not rotten ;) )

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

There's also the notion if you don't love yourself how can you love anyone else? A healthy mind and body is an easy signal.