Marijuana & Health

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
BRUTE

Re: Marijuana & Health

Post by BRUTE »

true. marijuana was touted as the "mexican's drug", with which Mexican immigrants would drug and rape white women.. can't have that, now.
later, drug use was used as an excuse to imprison black community leaders and artists who couldn't be arrested on any real charges.

slowtraveler

Post by slowtraveler »

I got high about 5x a day for the last 9 years. I got bronchitis most years so I switched from smoking to a volcano vaporizer. Lung problems stopped but it still has another effect. If you're depressed, anxious, suicidal- I think smoking a good indicia or hybrid can really help with the pain. But it's a cover.

Initially, I felt it helped me focus as it gave me energy and tuned out much pain. Eventually, I felt I was wasting much of my life and like abusing any drug, the temporary benefits get outweighed by the long term costs. I found getting therapy, meditating, exercising, hiking in nature, eating fresh vegetables daily, connecting to people when stressed-mainly focused on sharing authentically what I feel as a statement rather than something I'm wallowing in, volunteering, learning to feel emotions and let them pass naturally rather than resist all helped to alleviate the feelings I initially used pot to cover. Also, having a weekly focus to continually move my life towards what I want has worked wonders.

It can get expensive if you have to purchase it, sunshine is cheap and you should be able to grow all you need with 100-200ish (clones, flowering fertilizer, good soil) for a year of heavy smoking.

It did really help my uncle with cancer get his appetite back. It helps with arthritis, headaches, nausea, etc but it works differently for everyone. Only you can decide if it's of medical value, for fun, or for numbing something out.

It helped me with emotional pain till I felt ready to face what was there. It did help me bond to certain people. It cannot kill you and is one of the least dangerous drugs out there.

I'm now sober for over 2 months and notice the relaxation stayed.

For some people, it can be very helpful and used as a medicine, some abuse it, some get no benefit. I was in the first 2 categories but I felt myself isolating more over time, not motivated to reach out as cannabis dulled my emotions. I find that's the biggest risk-an easy way to feel good that makes life alright but prevents life from being the great adventure it could be, it makes an average life easy at the cost of really making the most of it. I was blissfully unaware that I was growing older while feeling stuck.

I feel more alive now and wouldn't go back.

* I have heard of juicing raw buds for health but this avoids the psychological effects.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Dr. Greger is doing a series of videos on health effects of marijuana.

www.nutritionfacts.org

sarahen

Post by sarahen »

It's better than alcohol on the pocketbook

Michael_00005

Post by Michael_00005 »

They have been reviewing the studies here, with more to come:
https://nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search= ... type=video

If you were able to walk away from pot, I don't know why you would ever want to go back. An uncle who used to smoke the stuff said the worst side effect is loss of ambition. That was certainly true for a neighborhood kid I grew up with; by the age of 25 he lost interest in everything he used to love… he got addicted to the stuff.

slowtraveler

Post by slowtraveler »

There is so much misinformation around cannabis If someone is amotivated, it is easy to blame on pot. If you're aching to stop but cannot, that is also a problem. But cannabis saves many lives each year. My uncle's life was extended by over a year thanks to cannabis alleviating his chemotherapy pains, giving him hunger again, and motivating him to move around and live some more.

Cannabis initially motivated me to study harder and get a college degree in Biology since I wanted to understand it so much more. After I got what I needed out of the plant, it was easy to blame my lack of passion on more school on cannabis, but it was actually that I wasn't fulfilling the next step of my life of seeing the world. As soon as I embarked on that, I haven't touched cannabis since. But it'd be fun to try out in some of the European nations when I visit.

It causes many families to become closer. It alleviates many health problems. It dialates bronchial tubes and can stop an asthma attack, I've seen this before. Friends who used to have asthma don't get attacks anymore after consuming regularly.

All that said, for many people, it causes vertigo, it can make focusing more difficult for some, even if for others it sharpens focus. It does have impacts on memory. That is the only clear negative impact I am aware of that isn't the result of a bunch of tobacco, timber, and pharmaceutical companies lobbying regulations and studies to falsely claim no medical benefits and make it seem like it makes a zombie of every person who consumes the plant.