Warrior Diet Log

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
banker22

Warrior Diet Log

Post by banker22 »

Hi all

I am a 29yo male, 6'2, 235lbs. I was an athlete in college and have reallllly let myself go. I've got a kid on the way and am very motivated to get back on track. My ideal weight is probably 185-190lbs. I have been planning to start the warrior diet for a while, and all goes well until around 2pm...

I plan to begin tomorrow. I hope you don't mind me posting here to give myself some accountability!

Cheers

banker22

Re: Warrior Diet Log

Post by banker22 »

One more thing: I don't plan to strictly follow Ori's order of eating, and will definitely eat some junk during the overeating phase, especially at the beginning. The focus for me at the moment is training my body to only expect food every 20-22 hours...then I can focus on the composition of that food. This log is mainly for the first 2-3 weeks, which I expect to be the most difficult. In 3 weeks I will be going on vacation for a week, and then travelling for a month with work, so hope to be adapted by then.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

That would be cool. I am about your height and am also looking to get down into the 180s too. I started on a version of this diet ("Fast-5") around Christmas time. Nothing really happened for the first couple weeks, but then the weight started to come off at about a pound per week (and the whole thing got a lot easier). I am significantly older that you, so I would expect you to do a lot better a lot quicker.

Going to have a physical tomorrow and will be curious to see if any of my bloodwork measurements changed.

I honestly think this is easier if you get down to not eating at all (fasting) until 5 pm or whenever you plan to really eat. I have just been having a scoop of powdered MCT oil in a breakfast and a lunch coffee and that seems to be enough.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Coffee makes the WD easier. Ori will allow you to put cream in it if you want but not sugar.

banker22

Post by banker22 »

jacob wrote:Coffee makes the WD easier. Ori will allow you to put cream in it if you want but not sugar.
I like coffee but I'm super sensitive to it. I had a DNA test and turns out I am a slow metaboliser. Last time I had a cup of coffee 3-4 days in a row, I ended up being incredibly tired for 2-3 days afterwards. Maybe something to do w my adrenals? Regardless, it scared me a bit. May try again anyway...it definitely kills the hunger!

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Maybe decaf or some tea would work better for you. Any hot beverage with no calories would probably help.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I really want to go back to the WD, but I have trouble eating so much at night. Does anyone else with reflux do the WD? I'm already taking 2 prevacid a day.

It's funny. I don't have trouble with the fasting part. I have trouble with the eating part.

Slevin

Post by Slevin »

jennypenny wrote: It's funny. I don't have trouble with the fasting part. I have trouble with the eating part.
Same here. I drop weight at an alarming rate when I eat this way (which is not so good when you are 6'2" 175 lbs). I have modified to a different fasting where I eat 2 meals per day (11AM to 7-8PM) and then fast the rest of the time to deal with this. I may slowly move back to the WD if I can figure out the weight issue...

banker22

Post by banker22 »

jennypenny wrote:I really want to go back to the WD, but I have trouble eating so much at night. Does anyone else with reflux do the WD? I'm already taking 2 prevacid a day.

It's funny. I don't have trouble with the fasting part. I have trouble with the eating part.
I'm a little worried about this. Whenever I've tried this before I have had some reflux and trouble sleeping. I want to give it a proper 2-3 week trial before I make a final judgement though. I will make an effort to avoid my reflux triggering foods also (gluten, chocolate, tomato sauce, eggs).

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

I would look into probiotics and digestive enzymes (and bacterial causes) for acid reflux problems, although sometimes its just a particular food that your body decides it does not like anymore. And consider eating earlier in the day.

Slevin, you are already pretty thin with a BMI that is considered ideal, so I would just eat more and more often. I doubt this kind of diet really works for you at al,l and would not even bother trying to make it work unless you start gaining weight down the road that you don't want.

banker22

Post by banker22 »

DAY 1: 237.6lbs

Weight: 237.6lbs
Bodyfat: 24.3%

Bodyfat is measured using a hydrostatic scale which I know isn't accurate, but I will be using it as just another data point. If I weigh myself every day first thing it should at least give me a somewhat consistent reading.

Today was fine really...got a bit hungry in the afternoon and had a dull headache. I expect tomorrow will be much harder.

Here's what I ate:

1300: small cup of cocoa
1430: 175g watermelon and an orange
1700: apple
1900: pork burrito, some steak, some rice, sweet potatoes, black beans
2030: orange and milk chocolate bar

No workout today.

Thanks

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I don't think I can do it. I like eating only once a day, but I need to eat in the afternoon (12-3) after exercising. I read most of WD last night and it seems to emphasize eating at night as a key component. :(

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Solution: Exercise 3hrs later ;-)

Incidentally, the WD is just lazy. If you want to be really hardcore, eat in the morning ... then try to make it until next morning w/o eating.

JL13

Post by JL13 »

@Banker22

you might try avoiding sugar before the evening meal, watermelon and apple and orange are mostly sugar. I subsist primarily on nuts, greek yogurt, and a few berries before 1800.

If I eat a banana or an apple I just get hungry.

banker22

Post by banker22 »

Thanks all.

@JL13

I chose those foods (apple and orange specifically) as they are very high on the 'satiety index'. Seemed to work OK, despite the sugar content.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

JL13 wrote:@Banker22

you might try avoiding sugar before the evening meal, watermelon and apple and orange are mostly sugar. I subsist primarily on nuts, greek yogurt, and a few berries before 1800.

If I eat a banana or an apple I just get hungry.
Yeah, I think I'd probably go with a hard-boiled egg or something like that if needed.

@jp -- I can't see how the timing of the eating window matters that much, really. I've seen other windows recommended by other intermittent fasters. I agree with jacob that for most people, a later window is easier, both for social reasons and going to bed soon after. I wouldn't sweat it.

JL13

Post by JL13 »

Now the WD breakfast only....that's an idea!! I think it would be way more convenient for me. I'm often out and about in the evenings and not everyone wants dinner at the same time...

banker22

Post by banker22 »

I imagine it would be a good way to train yourself to wake up early...you'd be starving!

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

I have been doing WD pretty consistently since Jan 1 and can definitely say I've lost some weight although I haven't measured anything. I am noticeably thinner and arms are also a little bulkier due to consumption of so much protein (eggs) and not as many carbs. I'm not sure what would happening if I started exercising. :D I really enjoy this type of eating, mostly because I'm lazy and don't enjoy taking time to eat a meal during the day. I do eat a dish of oatmeal and fruit in the morning, then snack on nuts and fruit during the day. Did I mention lots of eggs too?

Good luck!

banker22

Post by banker22 »

Just had a small glass of wine after a 22 hour fast... Wow! Feel like I've had a bottle!

Updates to come.