Footbag

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
daylen

Footbag

Post by daylen »

Footbag or hackysack is the ultimate frugal activity for coordination, flexibility, and cardio. You can do it alone, with a friend, or with a group of friends. Footbag can be done anywhere with at least two square meters of space, and you can easily make or buy one for less than five bucks that well last years. Best of all, once you become decent, it can be a lot of fun; especially with other people.

Does anyone else play footbag? If not, I think you should definitely give it a try if you are looking for a versatile and frugal form of exercise. The intensity can vary significantly, from casual group play to very intense single person play (look up footbag on YouTube to see what I mean).

Slevin

Re: Footbag

Post by Slevin »

I've played hackysack or footbag before. It's okay... Definitely not a serious form of exercise by any means, but its entertaining enough. Definitely cheap and easy to play, but I would argue that all of the arguments except the minimal space required also apply to a frisbee, a baseball + glove, a football, a soccer ball, or any other sports equipment.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

It was quite popular in the 80s. I guess its "retro chic" now. But I have not seen anyone playing that in years. I never had the coordination for it.

I think that most people who have the coordination for it these days would rather juggle soccer balls and call themselves by only one name, as that attracts more attention from potential dates/mates.

daylen

Post by daylen »

@Slevin It can be a serious form of exercise if you are good enough to keep it off the ground (less downtime). I definitely would not do it as my only form of exercise. Footbag is more of a compliment to other exercises. I cannot think of a solo sport that will improve your coordination as drastically as footbag. The sports you mention require another person. This is a key reason why it is so versatile.

http://www.meta-ehealth.com/site/office ... ities&id=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2bPJnNLJNE