Surreal experiences with sleep paralysis?

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
TopHatFox

Surreal experiences with sleep paralysis?

Post by TopHatFox »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

"Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person, either falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body). One hypothesis is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent sleepers from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation."

I've experienced three separate instances of sleep paralysis. The first two were in my adolescence, the third about a week ago. The first time it happened I awoke to find myself immobile and with a hooded, crouched, malignant demonic figure two feet away from me. It had red eyes and lunged out me multiple times--I didn't open my eyes after the first time. The second time it happened was a year later. I knew what was going on more than before, so I chose not to open my eyes, until I did--nothing was there, and I did not take the chance for a second view.

The third time was a week ago. I awoke to a completely dark room feeling a dark, malignant presence in the room, I darted my eyes to the left and noticed a completely still, hooded young woman staring at me. She was wearing a tattered dress and had a dark aura around her figure. I can't remember what I did after that except try to wiggle my fingers and try my best to keep my eyes open. I have become more curious and calm than the first two times. All three times I can neither recall whether it was a dream or reality.

Surreal experiences to say the least. Have you ever experienced an episode of sleep paralysis?

chenda

Re: Surreal experiences with sleep paralysis?

Post by chenda »

I've not myself though I remember seeing a documentary about it some years ago, called The Entity on Channel 4. I expect you can view it on you tube or something.

Interesting thing is people usually seemed to experience the same thing - sinister human-like beasts attacking them. And the rest of the room looks normal.

Probably one reason why people think they see ghosts.