Freedom From Work

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
dadadada

Freedom From Work

Post by dadadada »

Did

Re: Freedom From Work

Post by Did »

Author sounds bitter and blinkered.

dadadada

Post by dadadada »

Did wrote:Author sounds bitter and blinkered.
Yeah. He’s probably a failed artist or writer or something like that. Can’t succeed in the world so he makes out it’s the world’s fault. Loser.

Did

Post by Did »

Ah I didn't mean all of that... But the bit about doctors not wanting to help. I know a few and that certainly isn't true for all.

dadadada

Post by dadadada »

It’s okay, I’m the author. :)

The bit you’re talking about is:-
me wrote:If you are a doctor your priority is to sell drugs, to prevent people from healing (or understanding) their own bodies and to get them back to work.
I do not mention what doctors want. There are, as you say, ‘doctors who want to help’ (mine does), but they are part of a medical profession (and a wider system), which is, literally, sickening (iatrogenic). Too complex to explain fully now, but if you’re interested you can come back to my blog in a about a week when I’ll be putting up a post on this very subject. Meantime, see Ivan Illich, Medical Nemesis, a core text.

Any other specific objections to my piece? Happy to address them — although I’m a bit busy right now, so they might be just sketches.

Good will to you,

Darren

Did

Post by Did »

Ah you're the author. No no more specific stuff, I just quickly went through it. I'll try and read more of it later on when it suits.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for letting us know about your work.

wood

Post by wood »

Brilliant blog, to be explored at work tomorrow :)

James_0011

Post by James_0011 »

Nice blog, but why isn't ere listed under the options for not working?