The Power of Working Hard Using a Vision?

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
TopHatFox

The Power of Working Hard Using a Vision?

Post by TopHatFox »

I admit, having a very concrete goal of saving X as fast as possible for Y, has made it so much easier to work 60 hour weeks for the past 3 months. For example, when someone says: "are you free to take my shift, or can you work on Z?", I jump at the opportunity with excitement. Also excellent with getting promoted. I've been offered two improvements in on-campus jobs already as a result of working a lot and doing it with an optimistic attitude.

Thanks ERE. ^_^

Dragline

Re: The Power of Working Hard Using a Vision?

Post by Dragline »

It's funny how such efforts often create positive feedback loops -- but they do.

The Old Man

Post by The Old Man »

https://youtu.be/wJPRj19OU-w

The power of a vision you say? Above is a short ESPN video on the childhood vision that powered Arnold Swarzenegger.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute recommends keeping visions flexible, in case life happens.

ducknalddon

Post by ducknalddon »

and be careful visualising what you want, you might convince yourself you have already achieved it and don't need to put the work in.

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

The power of using the "crowbar" method.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

ducknalddon wrote:and be careful visualising what you want, you might convince yourself you have already achieved it and don't need to put the work in.
That happens to me sometimes. I will make a mental note to do something, and later will think I did it when I didn't. I hate when that happens.