How do I answer the "minimum pay, hours to work, re-location, and travel questions"?

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
TopHatFox

How do I answer the "minimum pay, hours to work, re-location, and travel questions"?

Post by TopHatFox »

Some of the apps ask me for the type of work I'm seeking: what's my minimum pay, the days of the week I'd like to work, and whether I'd like be willing to relocate or travel.

I said $20 minimum pay, I'd like to work every day 60 hrs a week, I can relocate anywhere and travel as much as necessary.

Thoughts? Pretty much arbitrating here. I'm applying to an investment intern position that does not require finance experience for context.

Dragline

Re: How do I answer the "minimum pay, hours to work, re-location, and travel questions"?

Post by Dragline »

Are these hourly positions or salaried? If the latter, you would put down an annual salary.

I would do some research as to how much they pay people in these positions. Start at payscale.com if nothing else.

Give a range on the hours if you can -- 40-60 might be good.

BRUTE

Re: How do I answer the "minimum pay, hours to work, re-location, and travel questions"?

Post by BRUTE »

glassdoor.com has salary information for many companies and industries, too.
hours: 40-60 sounds good, agreed. 40 is basically the minimum for a full-time position, and -60 shows you're willing to put your back into it.
relocation and travel is also a plus. brute thinks it's advantageous in general to live in different places. in fact, zalo should definitely find a job in a different city.

since this seems to be zalo's first job, and he's out to learn a lot and get a foot into the door, brute advises zalo try to get a job in one of the financial hubs - NYC, Chicago, maybe Boston. these places are more expensive than Idaho, but Zalo will learn more, will check the "metropolitan lifestyle" off his bucket list (much cheaper when younger), and he can always move back to a quieter/cheaper place after a few years in the big city.