Rate my interview outfit?

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Rate my interview outfit?

Post by jacob »

Fit is 9/10 of a good look, so if it's hard to find something that fits you, you just might have to eat the price tag. If you don't care that much, after all, the shirt will be mostly hidden under the suit jacket, you can buy JCP shirts for $20-40/pc (or you could 10 years ago when I last did that ;-) ). Less on sale. If you ever get inclined to buy a new $75 each month though, ...

WRT brown or black leather. If you do both, you'll need more items. If you do either/or, then the issue is that brown looks more casual and is harder to match (different "shades" of brown) but often looks better, whereas black is both formal and causal but doesn't always look good. Black gives you optionality. Brown locks you in---which might be fine if you decide that it just works better for you.

Peanut

Re: Rate my interview outfit?

Post by Peanut »

Sounds like a great outfit, and very on-trend. ;)

Other tips. In general, if you have lighter hair and coloring especially, brown accessories will likely be a better choice than black. Black best suits 'winters,' or people with an olive undertone. Coordinating with the specific gray of the suit (blue, green, purple, or pure gray) is more important, though. I imagine the salespeople helped you find a lovely patina of brown for the fancy shoes.