Hidden forum

Questions and comments
Stahlmann

Hidden forum

Post by Stahlmann »

Has it ever been considered (I mean new forum not accessible for everyone) ?

I mean I like insight I receive here, but sometimes I do not want to be tracable with one simple method like: ,,Stahlmann site:forum.earlyretirementextreme.com" (but I want to have insight).

Or do ,,helmets cause more harm"-approach is superior here?

For me hidden forum would be good place. Post limit to access it also (like 300 and/or registration date range). I now it would induce more circle jerking, but this the problem with non-anynommous message boards.

Or maybe we have one, but I do not belong here :lol:

Toska2

Re: Hidden forum

Post by Toska2 »

Use an alternate user name?

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

how does Stahlmann know there isn't a hidden forum, starting at 300 posts? seems he only has 183.
Toska2 wrote:Use an alternate user name?
brute does this all the time

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

For all I know, everyone* is BRUTE**, even Stahlmann.

*Except 7wannabe5 and Olaz. Why talk about polyamory when it's multiple personalities and one body?

** Might be 7wannabe5, she is the only one I have seen.

Smashter

Post by Smashter »

Takes some of the fun away imagining that people have multiple user names that they frequently post with

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Toska2: Since you have seen me IRL, you know that a more accurately descriptive user name for me relative to most members of this forum would be something like IsThatYourMom?

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

Smashter wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:23 am
Takes some of the fun away imagining that people have multiple user names that they frequently post with
oops, brute posted that under the wrong account. his bad.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

It'd be like the reddit gold lounge.
Nothing would happen there expect a circlejerk of people (eg bragging about how long they've been using the forum/saving/old boys club/ or whatever the criteria needed to get into that forum would be) and more elitism.
If you define insight as the signal to noise ratio, then it'd actually decrease and not increase. As people would simply run out of things to say or reply with.

Example, imagine that 0.5% of all people who read a post/reply have something to say about it/add to the conversation. You will need a certain minimum threshold of readers for this forum to remain active. In our assumption, 200 readers are required for the number of new reply to remain above 1 for a given time interval.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

You left out the part where elite members pay $10 a month for the private forum, and Jacob responds to all their posts.