HTTP ERROR 500 - almost after every click of post button

Questions and comments
Stahlmann

HTTP ERROR 500 - almost after every click of post button

Post by Stahlmann »

The forum.earlyretirementextreme.com page isn’t working

forum.earlyretirementextreme.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Data:
used the newest chrominium; many extensions; I need to back to see post (hopefully I see them everytime).

TheWanderingScholar

Re: HTTP ERROR 500 - almost after every click of post button

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Evidently my IP address has been blacklisted from the forum on my computer however I am accessing with my phone.

EDIT: Now fixed.

chicago81

Post by chicago81 »

Yeah, a couple weeks back I had some weirdness about being "blacklisted" by cloudfire or something. It went away after a day or two.. No idea what happened.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Same here.

The post gets published but I have to click back and reload in order to see it.
Last edited by fiby41 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Same here.

The post gets published but I have to click back and reload in order to see it.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

I still experience that problem.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

It's not a big deal. The post always goes through. It's the error message that's the error.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

+1

The forum is currently running the newest version, so this issue appears elsewhere in the system. I'll accept expert-handholding on this issue if anyone has a known solution, but I'm not going to spend much time tracking it down. So far, the biggest issue is the occasional double-post... where I have to manually delete the duplicate. Problem solved.

Ego

Post by Ego »

Teachable moment. In life it is often the case that the difference between good-enough and perfection is expensive (in various ways). Adapting to the quirks that come with something that is good-enough is a skill that can be practiced and improved. The quest for perfection creates an imperfect person, which reminds me of one of my favorite essays.

https://aeon.co/essays/we-live-in-a-one ... a-polymath

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

Ego wrote:Teachable moment. In life it is often the case that the difference between good-enough and perfection is expensive (in various ways)
+1. If I had pursued my own definition of perfection, I'd still be drywalling to this very day.

As a side note, I do not receive the 500 error anymore.....ever.

BlueNote

Post by BlueNote »

Yeah I'm getting the "your IP address [x.x.x.x] is blacklisted" message when using my cable isp too. Had to use cell data to post this. Hopefully it'll fix itself in the next few days.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

@Bluenote -- So you can't post and can't get a hardcopy of the book either? Is ERE banned in Canada? lol

Ego

Post by Ego »

That blacklist is cloudflare. At least it was for me. I was getting flagged because I use a vpn. If you entered the captcha wrong you may get blocked for this and other sites. Also, you may want to check that all of the computers and devices attached to your isp are free of malware. Cloudflare is designed to stop DDoS attacks. It's possible that your isp was flagged because one of your connected devices participated in the recent DDoS attack. This last one used a lot of "Internet of things" devices like security cameras, routers, lights, toasters....

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Canada has been banned from ERE ever since the Whiskey Wars started(*), see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYDcwk6msU
(Given the nature of the spelling errors, I surmise this was written by a Dane, so beware of national propaganda efforts which are ongoing and pretty funny too!)

(*) j/k ... I wish every war in the world would be this polite. Imagine how much fun that would be! Both countries have invited the bombers of each other's respective air forces to visit for dinner and drinks ... if they manage to cross the Atlantic w/o too many parts falling off, that is. Any intermittent/inconsistent forum software BS is very likely cloudflare issues due to living somewhere near a troublesome IP number on the interwebs.

(Technical geopolitical info for outside observers: The entire island, which is located EXACTLY in between Canada and Greenland (as part of the Greater Danish Empire) is the size of a football field (shape of a football field too... pretty much the right dimensions.. maybe Notre Dame could play a game ... part of the Shamrock series?). It's really really hard to get to by boat because the sea is usually frozen over. It does have a tiny cabin on it for whoever manages to get there every few years---this is where the whiskey is left for the next country to make the trip. As a Dane, I reckon that Canadians get there more often but only because they cheat by flying in on a helicopter instead of sailing in like honest hard-working viking pillagers. Buuuh! So why do people even care these days? Because various maritime border laws determine the control of undersea oil drilling right for large surrounding areas---same reason that various countries are laying claims to the North Pole. And yes, this is a real thing :oops: :P)

BlueNote

Post by BlueNote »

It's all good now the ban has been lifted.Not sure what happened but it sounds like Jacob wants to settle the Hans island dispute with some sort of remote arctic football game. I guess I'm on the hook for organizing my sides team or else the ban will resume.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Should we make some joke about issue? :D

How many people we need to solve HTTP ERROR 500 on ERE?
None, because it still persists.

Just joking. If there is this new staff member, I ask him politely to take a look on this issue.