New forum ads?

Questions and comments
jennypenny

New forum ads?

Post by jennypenny »

Have the ads on the forum gotten more ... interesting lately? Not that I wouldn't like to learn the secret to getting women to desire me, just curious if everyone else is getting the same ads.

Ego

Re: New forum ads?

Post by Ego »

No, it's just you. Anything you'd like to share with us?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

LOL!

You're all getting the same ads. The way it works is that someone buys 30 days worth of exposure and they can display whatever they want. I don't censor anything expect *BLINKING* (animated) ads. FWIW, apparently a higher than usual number of forum members are interested in getting women to desire them :-D

Anyhoo, ...

If less than 5 paying customers do that, we go to backfill, which means that some people get to display for free. Currently Paul Wheaton, forum members (PM me if interested), and the new book I contributed to. Note .. if you're a regular/friendly, want free ads, and don't mind the company (of paying advertisers) PM me!

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

@Ego - Haha, nice on the gaslighting.

@jp - Nevermind, totally just you.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

You know, I never noticed there were ads until you just mentioned it.

C40

Post by C40 »

My favorite is the monkey one. Someone was just like "fuck it, let's get a random animal image"

C40

Post by C40 »

Oh and I got to download Spartan Warrior's short book for free today! So that's cool.

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

You guys are making me turn off my ad blocker to see what I'm missing! Not a bad guerrilla advertising strategy. :lol:

SimpleLife

Post by SimpleLife »

The demographic fits. I wanted to post about it.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

where are these ads to be found? brute wants to learn all about getting human females to desire him. brute just wants to be a normal boy.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Gah! Ego, you had me going. I logged off after I read your reply, and wondered all night why I was getting those ads. All I could think of was that I had to google a couple of phrases from the last book I edited that were ... interesting, and maybe that triggered them.

I have Adblock on my computer, but I've been reading the forum on my gizmos lately, so I saw them.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

The "Ingenuity Gap of the U.S. Sexual Deficit" thread is making the ads interesting again. I'm assuming it's that thread. I suppose it could also be the "ultimate pants" thread triggering them. ;)

Makes me want to be more creative with my thread titles. :D

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

They aren't triggered by any keywords. There's a human being changing them individually ... or at best an algorithm giving suggestions to a human operator. But the ads are the same for everybody on the forum.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

There must be some kind of algorithm. When we're talking about financial stuff, all of those 'make money now' ads show up. Same with travel. Now there are several thread titles with trigger words (sexual, pants, shame) and I've had at least two ads with panty shots all day.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't always women. I've got to figure out how to trigger some ads featuring men. I don't need underwear shots. I'd settle for a guy posing in turnouts or something. :P

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

Nope. A person buys a space for 30 days and uploads a picture and an URL. I approve or reject it within 24 hours. If I don't it auto-approves. The person is free to upload a new picture/URL at any one time. Usually advertisers use the same one all month but some do a lot of A/B testing.

The hot girl ad is probably still on because it has the most clicks by far, so maybe you guys have some explaining to do 8-)

Ego

Post by Ego »

And here I thought 7Wanna had single-handedly delivered us from loner-nerd-dorks to the cool kids, at least from a price per click perspective.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I promise to do my share of clicking if you start picking ads with pictures of men I want to click.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

I approve everything as long as it's not animated.

bryan

Post by bryan »

not gonna lie, been very curious about the happiness, Inc juggalo.

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

Are you charging admission in a subversive way?

I also apologize for single handedly changing everybody's ads.