The Dissatisfaction Pyramid, and the graphs in general

Questions and comments
SF

Post by SF »

The graphs in the book are enlightening. Sure, you might know this stuff almost intuitively if you've been around a few years. But somehow seeing it distilled into a graph brings mental picture into sharper focus.
p. 14 - This is a great example. Oddly, it forced me to realize that while I'm strong on ERE vision, I'm not entirely dissatisfied with my current version of work (but I want to be prepared for changes).

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

I think many of us are with you on that. You could say I'm planning for ERE as a fallback while I keep working "one more year" until my dissatisfaction increases. There are many indications that my dissatisfaction will increase, but you never know. Maybe I'll hit a stride where I change my mind completely.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Dissatisfaction is really hard to control(*) since it's both value dependent and its source changes as one's career advances. It's certainly a good idea to have backups.
(*) Something I've realized with experience. When I was younger it was difficult to imagine that I would ever change my priorities/values. Also, I didn't have the experience to realize that circumstances could change.

aquadump

Post by aquadump »

Is MB type P more likely to "fire themselves" (e.g. lifestyle bloggers) than J which is more likely to have a back up?