The Book

Questions and comments
SF

Post by SF »

Over the holidays I got time to read up to page 100.
Thank you Jacob.
There's lots of great reading in there. Maybe there should be a separate forum for talking about the book?

gibberade

Post by gibberade »

I agree - Thank you Jacob.

BeyondtheWrap

Post by BeyondtheWrap »

I just bought the book. I originally had been waiting for the used price to go down, but I just got a Barnes and Noble gift card as a gift. ERE was one of the few books I was looking forward to getting, so I decided to get it from the B&N web site. The price was a little higher than the Amazon price, but it didn't matter to me because I was not expecting to get that gift card. Thus, it was basically free.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

I have been monitoring the used sales on amazon pretty closely and I have seen less than 10 people (more like 5) listing it used. The lowest used price was $11.99 and the lowest new was $10.00. The lowest for the kindle has been $6.99.

JasonR

Post by JasonR »

o
Last edited by JasonR on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

@JasonR - Okay, I suppose I missed the really speedy ones :-D The $11.99 hung around for a day or so.

etown84

Post by etown84 »

@Jacob Did you completely sell out your book on Amazon, or did you discontinue selling new copies altogether?

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

@etown84 - It's only temporary. I _hope_ to have it up again sometime this week.

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Girlfriend won't read it so mine is listed on Amazon used now.

CityGirl

Post by CityGirl »

I just received The Book yesterday from Amazon. Called in sick, got through the first 2 chapters. :) My biggest decision now is whether to sell my house in this depressed market and go to renting or hang on until the market gets better. Renting would allow me to save a lot more, but a better market would potentially net more than I could save during the same period of waiting.

OurLifeInc.

Post by OurLifeInc. »

@CityGirl I am actually in the process of this decision now. Looking to get a new job in the city and then rent a place in the city to avoid driving altogether. I don't want to sell in a depressed market, however. I am lucky in that my sister is looking for a place to rent, but doesn't want a small place and also wants to live in a nice neighborhood. She has been having some trouble finding places that fit her (limiting) criteria.
Enter me!
I offered to rent my house to her at a loss, which will be recouped by me through saving money in gas. So after a year, I can either up her rent a little bit to recoup costs or sell at less of a loss than I am now. Ideally, she'd buy it from me and I'd give her the family discount, which would make me feel less bad about my loss :)
Anyways, I know not everyone is lucky enough to have a reliable trustworthy renter at the ready, however perhaps it could be an option for you to rent to someone?